Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#41 [url]

17 May, 2017 16:09:10

@hardgamer 
We really haven't addressed whether unincorporated lands can sell items to the Capital, yet. But since it isn't forbidden, I guess you could. There are two 'stores' in the Capital that buy goods. I think the Alchemy store will buy coal, but they only pay 80% of the market price. I think the market price is 15C so each chunk pays 12C. Since we don't have 1C currency, you will need to round DOWN for your total. Or sell them in groups of 5 (60C)

@Beboy
Scout around the area you're considering. As long as you don't see any signs of a border, it should be OK. If you mean the part where Saxondale was, that land is now available (unless someone else claims it first). It would be straight west of the abandoned Vraeston city. I can't be certain where you are talking about but if there's no border and it's not public land (like roads), it should be OK.
Remember that I've been playing in this world for a few months! It took a lot of time and work to build up that town. I have long term goals for it so I want to keep this world going for a while! You can build up eventually, as well. I'm really not a fast builder, nor very good, but I'm learning as I go, just like everyone else here. Berclavia has some cool building designs and great bridges, too. I might even copy some ideas from there!
Just remember that the people of Berclavia cherish their privacy. I can enjoy the view without entering the city and suggest you should do the same. The people of Stanimosity are a cautious lot but not unfriendly. That's why they have a full border wall but keep the gates open to visitors. (Actual gates may be added later.) Just do not peek into chests - that would be trespass. 

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#42 [url]

17 May, 2017 16:21:08

Reminders to all

When you first get the link and import it into the game, please change the name of the world by adding 1 to the number. That number reminds us how many turn have been taken in the world. It's easier to do this before starting the world for the first time. So, hardgamer would have turn #87 and so on.

Also, and I'll add this to the rules, when you post the link for check in, you should see if it ends in "...dl=1". It makes it easier this way. If it ends in "dl=0", please change it to "dl=1". This way the world can be downloaded directly into the game, through the "FROM LINK" option.

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Beboy solis

Survivalist
Apprentice

#43 [url]

17 May, 2017 16:43:56

Can I be the next to hardgamer? I found a very wonderful place @ extreme South... I have familiarize the place already, I traveled back and forth a few times...

@stantimus thanks for the warning, but wait is it violation to pass to other lands? Cause I can't find any other way except that land :/

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#44 [url]

17 May, 2017 17:17:04

@Beboy 
Are you asking to have your turn next? If TonedMite doesn't speak up, or it's OK, then yes.
A spot to the extreme south implies you would pass through Berclavia. I can assure you that there is a way around it but it may not be easy. To be fair you need to ask their permission before passing through, although they only specified staying out of their city. Once you are established, the Council may build a road to make your travel easier.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#47 [url]

17 May, 2017 18:18:18

Land of Berclavia Trespassing Laws

It is hereby posted that unincorporated people may use our bridges and / or travel through our land.  Once a people are incorporated we reserve the right to reevaluate our policy. 

First, though, the traveler must let us know the intended path and promise to keep to only that approved path. 

Also, we stress that the only building open to the public is the Town Hall. All other building are off limits.  Both unincorporated and incorporated peoples are welcome in the Town Hall. 

Finally, there will be a small travel charge that can be paid in a chest that will be placed at the beginning of the path. One payment is good for a round-trip passage but multiple trips will require multiple payments.  Visits to the Town Hall will not require payment. 

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#48 [url]

17 May, 2017 18:20:36

@Beboy, the better way is in character. I'll show you how in the next post...

By the way, what is your native language and what time zone are you in?

————————————————————

Stanimus

Last Edited By: Stanimus 17 May, 2017 18:30:11. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#49 [url]

17 May, 2017 18:28:20

Stanimosity to Land of Berclavia

We wish to pass along a communication we have had with a new potential neighbor of ours.

This neighbor wishes to begin a settlement to your south. However, the passage to the Capital is difficult and dangerous. So they wish to have permission to pass through your outer lands. It will only be temporary until a more permanent path can be established. They assure us and you that they will NOT enter your city itself. If they need to, they are welcome to stay overnight at the Trading Post where sleeping is allowed (in the public space).

Thank you for your consideration.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Hardgamer230

Fire Starter
Intern

#50 [url]

17 May, 2017 19:43:27

For some reason all the best places are in the southern states. lol.
What happened to the north?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#51 [url]

17 May, 2017 20:25:53

Berclavia Response to Stanimosity and Williamsburg (separately) and All

Stanimosity, thank you for the additional information.  We will guarantee safe passage through the western side of our land, through what we call the Cold Plains, and the area to the south, the Desert Port.  As long as no travel is made across bridges there will be no fee.

To Williamsburg:  The north seems a desolate, sad place with abandoned sites.  If no one claims those site soon, they will be returned to their original state with no malice intended.

To All: Please be aware that we have purchased a plot of land to the South of our state.  It lies across the Southern mountain range and is directly next to the ocean.  The claim is 20 x 20 and has the beginnings of a now-abandoned fort.  We now use the land for spruce farming and prohibit any logging in that 20 x 20 plot.  

Across from the plot is a beautiful forest that, if we were not already settled, would be a perfect place for a home.

Quote    Reply   

Beboy solis

Survivalist
Apprentice

#52 [url]

18 May, 2017 00:26:31

People of Hathoria to Berclavia

We're glad of your immediate response to our request. Thanks for your offer but our economic state is still at the lowest point right now. But still we highly respect your privacy so we are forced to find another way..

In regard to this we have found our way at the west side of your land(out of borders) so we can assure not to intrude your land anymore.

As a new to this world we're looking forward of building our city and become a successful kingdom in the future, also we're open to have alliance with the other lands and be a good follower of the government.

Thanks!
we wish to find a good place to settle as soon as possible....

-people of Hathoria-

Last Edited By: Beboy solis 18 May, 2017 00:34:07. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Hardgamer230

Fire Starter
Intern

#54 [url]

18 May, 2017 13:44:20

Williamsburg Report 001

We traveled very far to find the spot that we worked so hard looking for. We took a trail, then went into the wilderness, climbed mountains, and crossed lakes. It took us two days to reach the spot. On the first day, we were still in the area which there was still plenty of activity, and of course, civilization. We camped at the Stanimosity trading post, which also bought some stuff from the general store. We remember we made a purchase of 80 wood for 400 credits, which we earned from trading coal with the bank. We later passed through Stanimosity, which was warm and comfortable. They seem to be a very advanced society, and being the closest to them, we hope to one day start a trade agreement. Later, we found ourselves digging holes in the ground to sleep. It was not very comfortable, but it was the best protection at the cheapest price.
We almost died the day we arrived at our land. We thought that climbing the mountains was going to be easy, but we were dead wrong. We were descending a mountain when a lion stumbled upon us, and nearly killed the group. Afterwards, we decided it was best to avoid the mountains and find a detour the next trip.

Our land is very beautiful, as it contains lots of flat land, and a nearby lake, which some mountains in the distance which we will utilize for protection. There is also plenty of trees, and the land is very humid and warm, so we may be able to do some farming in the future. We stayed in the nearby caves, and ate pumpkins and eggs 'till we could no more. Eggs and pumpkins weren't the only thing that was there too, as we did kill a few boars. We sang and told stories by the campfire too. When night came, we decided it was best to all stay in a artificial cave, a 3x3 to be exact.

On our way back we found a mysterious trail. This was not the usual trail, or the one we took to get to our land, as this was a dotted line trail. We were lost so we had no other choice than to see if it led us to civilization. We passed through very cold and snowy area, until we reached another biome. We discovered a bridge, then a bay and we made our way back to the capital city. We remembered how the wild looked when we were on the other road, so we quickly recognized it and made ourselves back onto the original trail.

The cold nearly killed us as we rushed back to the capital but luckily, the deserts were closer than we thought. There was also a mysterious abandoned city which we remember that our ancestors once visited when it was a flourishing town. We have since heard legends that it was cursed and haunted by the spirits of evil, so we will try to avoid it next time.
We made it back in time for our progress to be saved, and we hope to keep on working hard to achieve our future goals.

Last Edited By: Hardgamer230 18 May, 2017 13:46:43. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#55 [url]

18 May, 2017 16:44:52

Sorry, I've been busy this morning.
TonedMite and Beboy - right now, the link is yours to take. Hardgamer turned it in at 7am Central time (thank you) so you have until 5pm for the next turn. (technically 7pm)
. . .

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#57 [url]

19 May, 2017 02:48:39

Central council Notice

Unless claimed in the next 24 hours, all previously developed lands north of the Capital City will be reclaimed by nature. 

This project will benefit all the states and unincorporated lands by reducing the unnecessary bloat and the removal of partially developed, abandoned eyesores. 

Should anyone object to this notice please contact the Central Council. 

Quote    Reply   

Beboy solis

Survivalist
Apprentice

#58 [url]

19 May, 2017 03:14:01

But wait.. The teen hour period is only for one player, and tonedmite seems to be first to me so I should have my turn right now :/

Just ok lol..

Please give me the next turn after you! You guys already progressed too far so I really hope that you'll give me this favor :-)
If not... I should shut up lolz.. :v

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#59 [url]

19 May, 2017 04:54:35

@beboy: the good news is that I am fine with you taking the turn after mine.this affects Stanimus though so he will also have to give his okay. Let's assume and hope that hardgamer is also okay with it...The bad news is that my checkout is valid. the rules say the following:

Link to Rule card for checkouts:  https://trello.com/c/egBLECId

If the link is not picked up on time, the next player has 2 hours to pick it up. If that person is not available then it will go to the one after them. It is possible that several players could have their turn skipped, this way.
It is strongly recommended that you look in on the game message board at least twice daily to watch the progress of the turns. Other players may not pick up their turn and it could become yours. 

After I reread the rule, I can see how you might interpret it that you get another ten hours so I clarified the text to read:

- If the link is not picked up on time, the next player has 2 hours to pick it up. If that person is not available then it will go to the one after them, again with 2 hours to pick it up. It is possible that several players could have their turn skipped, this way.

Are you willing to share your time zone?  I may not keep the link for the entire 24 hours...when tomorrow could you be online to checkout?

Last Edited By: SCneophyte 19 May, 2017 05:28:19. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#60 [url]

19 May, 2017 05:41:18

Stanimosity to people of Williamsburg

We relished in hearing the tale of your adventures and wish you good faring in the future. It is indeed sad, the state of hostile beasts in this world. We have had numerous tragedies befall our own people before we learned a greater level of caution. Have you experienced the large grey horned beasts? They can be especially tricky and quite difficult to kill. But their meat will sustain the people for some time.

We have also observed the mysterious dotted trail through the wilderness. The word from the Council is that it is scheduled to be removed from sight. It was built by the rogue state against all common sense.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Last Edited By: Stanimus 19 May, 2017 13:06:35. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help