City Founder
Old Timer

#241 [url]

10 June, 2017 05:04:46

Stanimus check in

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7rivu7kk7opdcw5/Phoenix%20104.scworld?dl=1

Jose is up next...

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Last Edited By: Stanimus 10 June, 2017 05:08:44. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#242 [url]

10 June, 2017 16:51:01

OK. 12 hours since I checked it in. Jose missed his turn. Hardgamer is offline for awhile. I guess it's up to Invictus to pick it up now...

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#244 [url]

10 June, 2017 16:57:04

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. It was late when I checked it in. My worry is that lefora was down earlier so I can't be sure he actually had enough of a chance to snag it. If he makes an appearance, he can take it next. No problem. That OK with you, neo???

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#246 [url]

10 June, 2017 17:37:25

Stanimosity Monthly

Oh the horror, the destruction! The anguish is almost too much for us to bear!

As we have noted before, the people of Stanimosity have taken stewardship of our neighboring woodlands very seriously. Now we find this very world works against us. While our miners were busily exploring a newly discovered cave system, apparently a storm was also very busy destroying one of our beloved forests! We returned home to discover a lone tree dying in the middle of a vast stretch of barren wastland which was once a vibrant woodland! The sorrow, the misery!
We immediately cancelled all other plans and began rebuilding our neighborhood. It took us 4 full days to simply remove the dead remains of all those lost grand trees. It took another 2 days and hundreds of seedlings to begin to replant them. Why, oh why does this world embrace such devastation? Why, oh why do not the trees regrow without human assistance?
Even after such heroic efforts, the result is a mere shadow of its former glory. It may take us months of effort to bring this poor woodland back to full life. After all our careful efforts to harvest the fruits of the woods without causing our own depletion, the @*$$% called "mother nature" comes in and undoes everything! Horror upon horror! This sadness will forever remain wihin the communal memories of our people. We will never forget the unforgiving destruction this world is capable of...

Before discovering this eternal tragedy, our miners went to complete the examination of a nearby cave system discovered previously and found another near to it. That one also turned out to be rather extensive and fairly productive. It was a fruitful time to be a miner.
Then some more road updates were completed and a general exploration begun, which is when the horror was discovered. The juxtaposition of events caused some of our people to believe that this world encourages the human species to become underground dwellers. Although we truly cannot deny this, we WILL continue to strive in the open, under the bright sun. It may take more effort but We Will Persevere!!!

To our neighbors: due to the extensive "bounty" gathered as a result of this destruction, we now have a surplus of oak wood. If you visit our general store in the Trading Post you may purchase this at a 20% discount. All oak wood is now 4C for a limited time, only. We expect to have the forest sufficiently restored quickly enough to not cause a lack of supply. Remember our store will also accept metals in lieu of currency. And thank you for your patronage. And pray to any gods you know that this does not happen to you!

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#247 [url]

10 June, 2017 17:43:03

Oh, Jose! I'm sorry things got mixed up like that. Is it OK with you to swap places with Invictus? Can you pick it up tomorrow morning? The alternative is for you to take it now and invalidate the work he's done so far, then he'll have to restart tomorrow...
Because lefora was offline and there was no way you could have checked out, I'll leave that up to you.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#248 [url]

10 June, 2017 18:13:22

If everyone had discord accounts we could use that as a lefora backup to avoid these situations...

im cool with whatever Jose decides. Some consideration should be made to lefora being down. 

Quote    Reply   

JoseCorrea1994

Survivor
Greenhorn

#249 [url]

10 June, 2017 18:22:40

Well, it wasn't because lefora was down, it was because I was either asleep or am(right now) at work. lol. I'm fine with taking it tomorrow.
I wouldn't want to take away any work Invictus has done. Also, I'll see if I can make a discord account when I get home later.
Anyways, I hope everything is still okay with the turn switch and all. See you guys later.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#250 [url]

10 June, 2017 19:16:43

Good. Thanks for being honest. I'm glad it all worked out with minimal down time as well. And with discord we can have off-thread conversations which would only make a mess of the thread. Public or private ones and it's a lot easier than using lefora's pm system.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#251 [url]

11 June, 2017 03:58:56

@all

Here is an invite to the discord link. As Stanimus said, we chat there about the game and SC in order the keep the PhF thread clean of extraneous fluff. 

Would be glad to see more there! 

https://discord.gg/ywZJ2rm

Berclavia will respond fully tomorrow.  A rare day at home will provide me with time to do more than a quick update. 

Quote    Reply   

Invictus1775

Survivalist
Old Timer

#253 [url]

11 June, 2017 16:47:25

Draconian Monthly Report

This month saw great prosperity in our lands.  It appears settlement near the ancient tower has pleased the gods.  In our lands of origins our gods were displeased and we were driven out, it appears that they have forgiven our previous lives and shine a light of prosperity on our newfound kingdom.

We relied heavily on our architect and mason guilds this month.  Our plan was to implement many structures and get ever closer to joining the mysterious federation we are hearing more about.

Our mine was expanded greatly to get the materials needed for thendifferent buildings and roads.  We underestimated the amount of stone and wood which would be need, which left one building unfinished.

We were able to erect 3 houses, a forge, and a stable.  Of which, only a few key elements are needed to get them fully functional.  Our warehouse is only half completed as we ran out of materials, but will easily complete next month.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#255 [url]

11 June, 2017 20:34:28

Land of Berclavia Petitions to Central Council

We have a previous, outstanding request as well as a new one.  We ask that both be responded to at the Council's earliest convenience.

First, the previous request: to be provided with a single block of sulphur ore in exchange for nine pieces of sulphur plus whatever fee is deemed necessary.  In the future, we may ask for other ore; e.g. diamond so we ask that a general approval or denial be issued.

Secondly, and more importantly, Draconia has approached representatives of Berclavia to ask that we petition the Council on their behalf in order to gain approval for a Roads project.  Draconia understands that incorporation is necessary for the final approval but wishes to begin the process now as incoporation is planned.  Please provide the next steps in this process.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#256 [url]

11 June, 2017 20:40:54

Land of Berclavia Message to Stanimosity

The people of Berclavia mourn with you, Stanimosity.  As a seafaring people with a distrust of land-locked areas, we nevertheless value the ancient trees and the life-sustaining resources they provide.  While we never saw this forest we can imagine your pain upon emerging from days underground to first look upon the destruction.  Please let us know if there is anything the people of Berclavia can do.  We would be happy to provide some seedlings.

We lament this land's destructive nature.  Upon visiting our city-state we felt sure we had been the victim of a terrible transgression: our farm was demolished and flooded and all the chests were missing.  Upon investigation, we believe that a lightening strike was also to blame.  We cannot understand why this element seems to be the most destructive and dangerous in all the land.

As a private people we do not wish to divulge too much but we what you see above ground is only a small portion of our development.  Many of our public works are subterranean.  While we must deal with vicious beasts that appear from nowhere, we at least can build with wood without the constant rebuilding required above ground.

We look forward to an update from your land which details the succesfull regrowth of your stately forest.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#258 [url]

12 June, 2017 16:44:33

Jose, you don't have to turn it in just because you died! It's OK to make backups and start from there. As a matter of fact, we encourage saving often! We've all lost some of our 'people' to workplace accidents. That's where some of the R.P. fun comes in - making stories around our losses. I remember I lost 4 or 5 builders just during the construction of the furniture scaffolding. (Clumsy people, I had to fire them all and recruit a whole new crew.)
Neo is up after you but I suspect she would let you have more time. Let's see, you turned it in 6 hours early. If you take it back asap and keep it for 6 hours, you can turn it in early this evening. If she doesn't complain, you're clear. If she has a problem, she can take your first link...

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#259 [url]

12 June, 2017 17:41:27

Stanimosity to Central Council

Re: issues put forth

We vote to approve Berclavia's request for the unmined sulfur block, although we have reservations about the purpose of such an elusive item.

During the last public works turn, we surveyed the roadway that Draconia began. It it our opinion that this project be allowed to continue under one caveat. That is that no portion of the completed structure (or any temporary structures) be allowed to extend beyond the eastern edge of the current roadbed. When the proposed sidewalls, pylons and footers are accounted for, this means the bed would need to be relocated at least 3 blocks west of its current location. (This keeps the finished road from spanning 2 chunks.) This should not be an undue burden on Draconia's designers. We have seen the artist's conception of their grand entry and believe they can easily accomodate this change.
Also, assuming that Draconia applies for incorporation and is approved, the road may be completed by the public works commission at no further cost to the Draconian people! It would only be build up to their border. It's up to them to build accordingly within their territory.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#260 [url]

12 June, 2017 17:57:41

Stanimosity to Land of Berclavia

We appreciate your support in these sad times. Thank you for your offer. Rest assured that our forestry guild is well prepared and well stocked. They will be quite busy over the next few months while replanting the forest. So far, only the biggest destroyed patch has been tended and there are a couple smaller patches that will also need attention. Now they fear a similar fate befalling the stately tall spruce forest. In light of that (and other previously discussed problems) they will redouble efforts to establish a sustainable spruce wood source. They have significant work ahead of them!

Also see our comments to the Council in regards to the other issues...

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help