Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

Lead

13 May, 2017 14:19:36

Tags : :

This is a CRUEL mode shared world.

Survive long enough to build your town and join the 'Federation'.
Trade with other members to improve your city and build relationships. ​FInd your specialty and bargain your services to expand your state.
Want to grow even more? You may decide to conquer another state for their territory! Just be careful - you may be the next target. 

Phoenix is a new/old world. The original Biome Wars world was 'destroyed' by internal strife and the historical records library set afire by a despot who was later assassinated for all his evil deeds. It is now being resurrected as "Phoenix", rising from the ashes of the old world. We will not let this tragedy stop us! The body of the despot has been preserved and will be forever on display in a special prison cell, for all to see. It will serve as a reminder that the people of Phoenix will not be stopped. We WILL still have our 100th anniversary. A great fireworks show is planned and rewards for all surviving member states will be granted by the Council! WE WILL PERSEVERE! 

Join us and help build the world back up. Role play your characters as you see fit. Struggle alone or form alliances with other lands. Trade to get what you need or pillage from the weak (just don't get caught). Build up an army and fight for more land or grow enough to develop yours to the next level.
We value cooperation yet recognize the reality of war. Our Central Council represents the 'Federal' government and ties the member states together. Each state has a voice in the Council and agrees to follow the rules set forth by it. Violations may be punished by specified sanctions.

You do not have to join the Council but you will not be afforded the protections and advantages it offers. Members are protected by laws against trespass and larceny. The Council does not outlaw war - it mearly sets rules of civilized warfare. As long you abide by these, the Council will simply watch. If you violate them, you could be attacked by ALL members of the Council. 

Members may receive monthly stipends from the Council, for providing requested services or products. (Each turn is considered a month.) Use this currency to buy items from other members or specialty products from the Capital. The capital city is the home of the Central Council. 

(Still under construction...)

Last Edited By: Stanimus 13 May, 2017 16:56:14. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#1 [url]

13 May, 2017 14:20:32

Phoenix Rules

See here: https://trello.com/b/fekL4XBk for the complete set of rules. They are summarized below.

- Your turn is 24 hours. Look in on this thread often so you don't miss your chance.
- Find a place to settle down and start building your town.
- When you are ready, you can join the rest of us in the Federation of States. This grants you certain privileges and protections, but there are also responsibilities.
- Don't cheat. (If you want to cheat, make your own world.)
- Have fun!

The requirements for buildings to be approved as official are here:  https://trello.com/b/v6Qznynf

As you can tell by the links to Trello for the rules, we don't rely exclusively on this forum. In addition to the Trello board, we also use other means of communication. Once you have played long enough to incorporate, you may get an invitation to join the others in a Discord chat server we have set up. Discord lets us have long, detailed discussions without filling up this thread unnecessarily. But all RP talk goes here, so others can see how we do that and maybe get interested enough to want to join us.

All government stores, the central bank and some 'private' stores will now be using another. Trello board to keep track of sales and purchases. There will be a sign in each of these stores that is linked to the proper list in the board. When you tap on the sign, follow it to open the link. The board will open in your browser and you can add your transaction on a new card.
This means that all players will need to sign up to Trello. But since it's free and simple to sign up, this shouldn't be a problem. Here's the link to the whole board:  https://trello.com/b/dOEWYVVl
From there, you can see all the store which have a list and their general 
location as well as what they buy (for the gov't 'stores') and what they sell. Please follow the guidelines if you want to create a new list for your store. 

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Last Edited By: Stanimus 30 May, 2017 21:57:35. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#2 [url]

13 May, 2017 14:21:31

- placeholder 2-
That is all...

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Haziq1

Survivalist
Intern

#4 [url]

13 May, 2017 16:11:41

Lol, stan. Seems like you are a genius. I know about biome wars which get accidentally deleted. But you are genius! Never thought about changing incident into an in-world scene!😁😁

Sent from my K706-3G-HD-2 using Tapatalk

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#5 [url]

13 May, 2017 16:47:25

Hehe. Thanks Haziq. I always try to find a way to make something good from a bad situation. It is one of my codes of life! The 'new' world might even have a demolished library with forever burning coal blocks to show the horrible tragedy. 

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#9 [url]

14 May, 2017 16:17:00

@Beboy, it's the same world. We are making some changes to the rules, adding stuff to the Capital and looking into reverting some of the old abandoned areas. There's some territories that were just barely started but never developed and if those can be reverted, it will help the game.
Are you interested in joining?

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Hardgamer230

Fire Starter
Intern

#10 [url]

14 May, 2017 23:25:13

What happened to the thread? And sorry for not checking the link in few days ago. My uncle got very sick so we had to make an emergency trip to go see him.
I should be able to be with y'all most of the time now. is that cool?

Last Edited By: Hardgamer230 14 May, 2017 23:36:20. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Hardgamer230

Fire Starter
Intern

#11 [url]

14 May, 2017 23:34:35

also, how can you obtain protection from the government, or incorporation? I don't see the buildings listed anywhere

I'm so excited to be able to play again! we have vacation from school these next 2 weeks so i'll basically be here all day :D
Also, When is my checkout, like what day?

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#12 [url]

15 May, 2017 00:26:54

@hardgamer 
Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope he gets better, soon. I just lost my aunt on my mother's side so I know how it can be. Things are tough all around.

A lot has happened since you were last here. The original thread was accidentally deleted and all that history is gone. SCneophyte and I are resurrecting the rules on another site. Click the link in the 2nd post in this thread to see them. It may take a minute to get used to that site but it will help keep them better organized.
Right now, me and Neo are taking an extended government turn to make some major changes to the Capital and work some other things out. If you want to jump in, I'll have to talk with Neo since you have now technically missed 3 check ins. It may not be an issue right now because of all that's going on and you might be able to take the link tomorrow. 

In brief, to incorporate you need a border marked out, a town hall, forge, fort, warehouse and three houses. Each building must meet certain requirements and those are detailed on rules board.

For the moment you should read through those rules and be a little patient. I hope they are easier to read through. Only the first five cards in the "Current" list are updated but the rest will be done soon. We're trying to muddle through them as best we can.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Last Edited By: Stanimus 15 May, 2017 00:33:44. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Hardgamer230

Fire Starter
Intern

#13 [url]

15 May, 2017 01:31:56

Thanks Stanimus. Sorry for your loss. Eventually it's going to happen to all of us some time or another.
It shouldnt be a big issue for me anymore to check in since I have the next two weeks free from school.
And thanks for the info, i think I should be well on my way to being successful in this world.
I already read the rules several times, so i think i should be good. :-)

Quote    Reply   

Beboy solis

Survivalist
Apprentice

#14 [url]

15 May, 2017 09:52:59

I want to join but I'm not sure,
I mean I can't understand the rules, kind of I don't know where should I place my self and how to protect my land and most of all I'm not that good in building structures...
:-( sad life huhuhu...

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#15 [url]

15 May, 2017 12:05:25

@Beboy
The main question is do you have experience playing in CRUEL mode? This is mostly a survival world and building skills are secondary. You can start off with simple boxes for your buildings. After all, it's your land. It might take more than 3 turns before you even find a spot you want to build on.
You won't have to worry about being vulnerable at first because you won't have anything worth stealing. Plus, other people don't usually go looking around just to find someone else's stuff. 
Read the card "Your First Turns" on the Trello board for a guide on starting up. I'm trying to make the rules easy to read. If you have any questions, us 'old-timers' are willing to help. We want people to succeed in this world.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#16 [url]

15 May, 2017 12:09:05

@hardgamer
I don't know if the link will be available today. We're having a little difficulty getting some of the things done that we were hoping to. Hang tight for now.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Beboy solis

Survivalist
Apprentice

#17 [url]

15 May, 2017 12:54:14

I'm not playing cruel mode but I have enough experience in challenging mode and able to survive around 48.something (sc days) and I think exploring the the map when it's not my turn yet will help me choose my plot easier? If it isn't against the law,

I already reviewed the trello link but still can't understand it completely.

Also exploring the biome wars map but seems like all land around the central town is already occupated.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#18 [url]

15 May, 2017 22:23:15

@Beboy
If you have any specific questions about the rules, please ask. We want to make the rules easy to understand and will glady rewrite them so they are clearer.

That's one of the things we're doing - removing the old abandoned territories around the Capital. All the claims north from there have gone unused and the players have been absent. The city of Vraeston which is just west of the Capital is abandoned and will be an historic site. I just need to check with a couple other players to see if they want to stay, and where their land is. When I first started, I purposely started my town about a full day's walk away from the start for several reasons. It was a little tough at first but got much easier once I walked back and forth a few times.

We let the link be published on the forum and anyone can easily download one to check it out. It's not against the rules and can be a good idea. If you explore like that and find a spot you like but think someone else might have claimed it, you can upload the world when you're there and send me or Neo the link to see if it's OK to make a claim there. (I think il will be OK with neo, but I haven't asked yet...)

So, @hardgamer, did you start a settlement yet, and where is it so we don't remove it?

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Beboy solis

Survivalist
Apprentice

#19 [url]

15 May, 2017 23:15:20

Then sure! I'm joining :-) just don't be mad if sometimes I got a lot of questions lol.

I'll try to explore the wold again...
Anyways is the one @ the North east @ the coast side was still active?

Or the one @ North with only 1 unfinished structure ?

I guess any of those place would be great.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#20 [url]

16 May, 2017 00:05:00

I think those are both open but I need to double check with the two other 'newer' players. Neo's and my lands are very clearly marked.

Hopefully, Hardgamer and Tonedmite see this and respond right away. But I think they may not have decided where they want to settle in, either.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help