Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

Lead

2 May, 2017 15:07:30

Tags : : , , , , , , , , ,

After seeing the attempt at a 'calculator' that are on the CC, I decided it was time to make a basic calculator world. It just does addition and subtraction but multiplication is just repeated additions.
This uses the full adder shown in my Computer Circuits world, plus more support circuitry to make it a full addition and subtraction module, in 16 bits.

Here's the link: 
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/me1hsv6azqikxz8/Stanimus%20Adder.scworld?dl=1

I cannot post to the CC myself, so I can only post it here and the wiki. Here's a couple images.
The inside (before I added subtraction) : 
The circuit (ditto):

Last Edited By: Stanimus 3 May, 2017 04:22:14. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#1 [url]

3 May, 2017 04:19:01

I'll video myself trying this out later! Fantastic that you managed to put out something without another bug annoying you.

Player of the game for four years straight. Somehow an admin.

All of my maps - http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19407424?page=1#.WPtKc45ePBI

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#2 [url]

3 May, 2017 13:26:30

I wanted to make this for some time since it's a critical component of a full function computer. This is the hard part of the the ALU. I believe that I now have all the pieces needed. In one world, I made a big 64K * 16 bit ROM, another has 16K RAM, groups of registers and other I/O interfacing needs.
All that's missing is user input, a display and a way to program the ROM. I'll want to talk with 'hackers' about that.
Oh, yea - and I need a game wihout serious timing bugs... LOL

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help