1. I agree with steamboats, just place a furnace and a boat together in a crafting table and presto!
2. I agree with sailboats being added, but kaalus would have to add wind to the game.
3. Kayaks and canoes are...kinda unnecessary especially because our current boat fulfills the roles of both.
4. Minecart and rails have my full on support, no explanation necessary.
5. I have mixed feelings about wagons and carriages. They are difficult to code for, but they are historically accurate to the game.
6. I will admit, I really like the idea of hang gliders...but kaalus is going to have to add a mechanic that simulates the realistic flight characteristics of gliders...and wind factoring into the mix.
7. And this is my personal idea...how about bathyspheres? They can move on the surface...albeit at the same speed as the current boat, are electrically powered, are made of iron and glass, can be dismounted...underwater, can dive deep into the ocean, are highly durable, but have a limited power supply that must be replenished by being on the surface.