And i see you stole my palm trees :D

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#82 [url]

12 January, 2015 15:40:57

@mrshots: I will be very interested to see what are the mistakes; my spreadsheet handled the calculations and I checked each one to make sure it made sense.  I'll won't have a chance to look at it for several hours, if at all today.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#83 [url]

12 January, 2015 16:01:52

Viper: I adapted your tree design and made them slightly easier to make xD.
​I have fence posts in my caves too!

scneo: I saw yet another chunk error, there's 3 errors in total. I guess hacking can be unpredictable sometimes. I'll update my guide :)

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#85 [url]

12 January, 2015 16:13:26

After we've done the basics, we'll be doing some finer things, (marble = bedrock etc.)
​like for instance, I might put a few malachite blocks in a waterfall formation and ask you to change them to water for a precise, static waterfall ;). It'll be pretty cool.
​viper: I know why animals lose their fly ability, when you leave the chunk I forgets them and I guess puts them back in default mode.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#87 [url]

12 January, 2015 19:15:15

Done.
​now, some unrelated stuff.
​I found out (using altitude location) that the top of my cliffs are 55 blocks high. This means that its slightly lower than nkiruka's GROUND level! Which means... I am going to have a BIG volcano on the top of my big island. $.$.
​viper: This is so unrelated, but is very useful. I heard somewhere that you said you couldn't download some worlds. Zip file bug right? Easy fix: Download dropbox app;

​1. Click on faulty world link (or copy/paste in browser)
​2. It will bring you to dropbox website. Click the icon in the top right corner.
3 press 'download to my dropbox'
​4. When done, bring up dropbox app. Press the .sceorld file, or hold, whatever.
​5 press move/ copy.
6 move to apps/survivalcraft
​7 download from 'private' in your sc game.
hope that unrelated piece helped!

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#88 [url]

12 January, 2015 23:43:33

@mrshots: hacking isn't unpredictable but humans are!  I'm sure this is "operator error."  I'll let you know when I figure it out. 

Replacing blocks with water will be very interesting...and the volcano: any possibility of triggering a lava flow with electrics?

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#89 [url]

13 January, 2015 01:11:59

Okay, white chunk is definitely my mistake...I typed 8E when it should have been 8F.  Later on in the process I started copying/pasting locations from my spreadsheet rather than typing them in...this was before that point!

I may not have time to do more on this tonight...work is nuts.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#90 [url]

13 January, 2015 05:51:44

Alrighty, good news on all counts:  we can get your sign texts back very easiy.  Just walk up to the sign then click the back arrow and get the coordinates of the sign.  Then, go to the xml and search it for your sign text and replace the old coordinates with the new ones.  I don't know if it will work with chests yet.

On the second front: the color-coded signs were really helpful, thanks!  The white and red chunks were totally typos (I can't believe it took me so long to copy/paste from my spreadsheet!).  I did wonder about the red chunk being out there in the middle of nowhere... :)

I still have to figure out the green and yellow "missing" chunks.  I bet they are actually present in the chunks.dat but that there is a location typo somewhere...if two chunks have the same location then the chunk in game will actually be empty.

I PM'd you the updated link.  Tomorrow I should have time to investigate the missing chunks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#91 [url]

13 January, 2015 08:16:05

Now only yellow and green chunks to go!
​a lava flow triggered by electrics? That would be plausible. Gravel trapdoors on a side, and lava destroys all traces of electrics.

only problem is, whenever I make traps, I end up setting them off while building :D
​Also there is a few traps in the stronghold.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#92 [url]

13 January, 2015 08:19:13

Glad you found the colour guide useful! You may have noticed I was more grammar-lax while making It xD

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#93 [url]

13 January, 2015 10:17:12

Scneo:are you sure theres position for signs in xml? They are not enitities. I dont know why. And only entities seem to have location in the game.
Mrshots:thanks for the dropbox comment but theres two problem. 1)i already use the app 2)its not Cannot read as zip file. I heard some others had that problem but not me. When i try to open the link its a blank page or doesnt work at all. I f you know how to solve this please tellme.

Wow. This is a negative comment. :(

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#94 [url]

13 January, 2015 10:19:59

And the waterfall idea - i suggest trying it on a testing world first in case it goes wrong. But it will mean double work for scneo.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#95 [url]

13 January, 2015 15:39:55

Okay, all chunks present, accounted for and in the correct positions though I must say that your really tall waterfall behind the green chunk  looked great when exposed.  Link is in your inbox.  I didn't remove the two marble lines but they are obvious

@viper: yes, I am sure they have a location in the xml.  I tried out the fix method last night and it worked perfectly.  You'll see the same x/z/y coordinates for a sign that you do when you get the coordinates of your person in game.

@mrshots: if you'd like me to fix the signs I will need the x/z/y coordinates of each sign along with its text.  Maybe it's simpler to just retype them?

I was going to see if it worked on chests but, now that the island is totally back together, I have no idea where the chests were placed!  I'll wait for more direction from you guys as to what's next.

Last Edited By: SCneophyte 13 January, 2015 15:46:33. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#97 [url]

13 January, 2015 15:46:46

I'm going to fix all the chests and signs and then are we going to start making the base?
I have the world with the one rock chunk if you need it.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#98 [url]

13 January, 2015 15:53:41

I just tested the method with the chest on the pirate ship and it will work on chests too, but again, it's probably easier to just fix those manually 

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#99 [url]

13 January, 2015 15:58:57

Okay, so the base.  I'll need a few things:  1:  the world with the "base chunk template".  2: A column of six marble placed once in every chunk where you want this base.  3:  more time to devise a good method to automate making and randomizing these chunks!

​as for ores: Just a guideline If its possible o.O
Coal blocks - large veins at bedrock level. Coal BLOCK not ore :)
​diamond- assorted veins at bedrock
​copper - anywhere above diamond
​sulphur - anywhere above diamond
germanium - granite/basalt boundary.
​iron - deep area of granite
​coal - surface near area of granite
​thanks for the help. Sorry if some of this is of no use, I haven't even seen the chunks file.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#100 [url]

13 January, 2015 16:04:37

Don't worry about randomizing. Just repeat it. All the ores I need are there, and I doubt anybody is going to hate me for having te same chunk on repeat :)
​I'll do the marble as well, and I may put the malachite down for a waterfall in one of my caves.
​also, sometimes things look better when there's a mistake, like the waterfall, but I think it looks ok. What I find is that if you get a backup world and blast some of it, you can see some cool formations, and then do it more precisely on the real thing. We're almost done now, just debugging.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help