Remove this ad

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#61 [url]

9 January, 2015 17:00:45

ah, right of course.  I remember now seeing that info in the xml...I think it's funny I prefer to spend my time in the chunks.dat so I haven't messed too much with the xml.

Would it really be a nightmare, though?  All that has to happen is a simple copy/paste from one xml to another. 

...blasphemy, huh?  I do like most of the Nkiruka texture pack but the original isn't so bad!

I look forward to the new link!  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#62 [url]

9 January, 2015 17:25:42

If its simple go ahead and use it on the unedited version, it'll make things easier xD

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#63 [url]

9 January, 2015 17:40:10

Scneo: Its just because of some blocks looking weird in default texture :P
​Viper: The jungle is not there yet, and nothing will spawn inside, not because of space, but animals don't spawn on leaves. There is a dirt bit they may spawn on though.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#64 [url]

10 January, 2015 02:22:02

Xml does contain the data of signs and chests but i dont know whether you can fix the problem or not by modifying xml.....there isnt much to modify, only things like position and contents etc. Try it though. My theories are usally wrong :D

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#65 [url]

10 January, 2015 05:07:47

Yeah, you are probably right. I'll still try. Have you seen this issue before?  Perhaps it's a bug?

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#66 [url]

10 January, 2015 11:46:05

I wouldn't regard it as a bug, just the way things are stored. I think the xml would be hard because the chunks are in completely new locations. I guess that's just the way things are.
​I might take the link and edit the stronghold on the jungle island, also I'm going to completely remove the tiny stronghold in the desert island, but the latter wont be done until everything's pasted.
​i shouldn't have put a stronghold on the spawn island anyway, cant let them have loot immediately!
​you can still copy/paste the rest of the desert island, I'm leaving that the same for the moment. I just cant rest with a half-assed stronghold.
sorry for the long post, keep up the good work!

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#67 [url]

10 January, 2015 12:51:57

Actually the stronghold looks ok. I haven't edited anything so everything's the same.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#69 [url]

10 January, 2015 14:22:47

Actually, xml isnt organized by chunks. All data of the chest is in the Entities(player, animals etc) section
so its very easy to find/modify/copy/paste. :)
And scneo how about comparing the unedited data and edited data of the chests?

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#70 [url]

10 January, 2015 21:20:24

@viper: the xml has location info for the chests.  Maybe if we update that with the location in the new world the chests will function again.  
@mrshots: 7 chunks down, 51 to go!  I PM'd the link to check for accuracy.  

I have an Excel spreadsheet now that will reduce the likelihood of transcription errors and should speed up the work from here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#71 [url]

11 January, 2015 13:26:18

Important updates:
​I have updated original island: Overhauled cave systems, they now look majestic and smooth.
​updated stronghold, it now looks more strongholdy and less like a military base.
​these changes are only on the jungle island, so you can copy/paste rest of the chunks from updated link.
​I have an idea for the chests. If I put an item in each chest, it'll show up on the xml file with location, then you can just replace that with the original xml, if that makes sense.
the chunks you moved are perfectly aligned, now you can start pasting my updated jungle island!

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#72 [url]

11 January, 2015 13:35:21

I'm excited at the prospect of predators stalking around my island, with bears underground. And the eventual underwater rock will allow me to make huge caves of beauty. Lol. Its great that you have excel to make things quicker.
​also I will have piranhas now instead of sharks... :D.

​viper: Do you know how to spawn white tiger and white bull? I was thinking of having them at the top of mountains. Also, can you make a world that has a flying animal in it? Just so I can see it happening with my eyes.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#73 [url]

11 January, 2015 14:58:48

I already spawned two white bulls on top of my small mountain :)
And this is the world with flying animals. All of them can fly though for some reason some lose the ability to fly after some time. Fishes are real funny ones. When you hit them they shoot out of the water to kill you(its quite terrifying :D) then realize they are out of water and gocrazy......youll see.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uz8poawsyf5ecd1/Schobios.scworld?dl=0

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#74 [url]

11 January, 2015 15:07:06

If you pm me the link ill spawn the albinos in a few days.....i.wont be very active now because of studying.

Oh and do you need immortal predators? Its easy to make them and it will be kind of funny......
You hit a bear with iron machete a few times and start to chase it and next moment half of your health is gone and you are running for your life. :) It would be quite nice... I think.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#75 [url]

11 January, 2015 16:12:28

I dont need Ny albinos until I actually have some mountains xD.
​you already have the link though, in ur pms. Its unchanging. Just redownload every now and again.
​omg, an immortal animal in a ruin or something!! :D
​would that be cruel?
​when we do spawn albinos, you could make them immortal and then they would be feared, keep your distance!
​I just saw your world, that is the weirdest **** I have ever seen, the fish act like they're being spun on a rope or something.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#76 [url]

11 January, 2015 19:12:01

Taking the link out for further underground caving work.
​this is on the jungle island still, so feel free to place the last few island chunks and the other half of my sliced pirate ship... xD

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#77 [url]

11 January, 2015 21:21:03

Too late, I already finished!  I sent you the link with all 58 modified chunks. 

I like the immortal albino idea

I didn't try to add the text/chest info into the xml...I have errands to run.

I did try to place individual diamonds but I couldn't get it to work; I guess that isn't captured in chunks.dat

It was very interesting to watch your world take shape a few chunks at a time!

I guess the next step would be to add the underground section for you.  When you are ready, send me a world file with a three diamond stack on the bedrock of where you would like the underground stuff.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#78 [url]

12 January, 2015 08:06:50

I'm one step ahead of you! I have a 16x16x18 chunk of rock to be copied! :) just redownload the link, its on one of the sides.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#79 [url]

12 January, 2015 08:27:33

Almost, but no cookie just yet. The desert island is ok. But the jungle island has a few errors.I have made a colour coded chunk placement guide to rectify these. :D

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#80 [url]

12 January, 2015 08:35:23

Hey shots can you update my link? My link seems to be the old one. Just send another one. If you dothat i will check it out when i get some time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help