Remove this ad

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#21 [url]

6 January, 2015 01:11:23

It does. At first I tried copying/pasting without overwriting the location but that didn't seem to work either. Admittedly I am still learning about the location stuff. 

All this being said, if we are attempting this to change spawn behavior have you tried yet changing the level from creative to challenging?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#22 [url]

6 January, 2015 01:17:15

The island is in the spawn zone right now....i just hope that creating land will make the animals spawn again.
Btw if you press back button in the game, theres your location. You can use that to figure out and modify location, at least in xml. If thats what you were talking. Hope it helped.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#23 [url]

6 January, 2015 01:22:42

I see i didnt actually answered your question:)
Even if the mode is challenging mode, i dont think they will spawn. I rhink the spawn code that kaalus made dosent allow that. Animals spawn in land, fish in water, birds in air. Animals cant spawn right now because theres no land. Others can spawn because theres water and air. At least thats my theory. Lets hope im right:(

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#24 [url]

6 January, 2015 01:50:01

Ack, that's right.  I have seen that location.  Wish I had thought of that before I tried the 100 other things.  I'll try again as soon as i can but it may not be until later Tuesday night or later in the week.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#26 [url]

6 January, 2015 05:38:21

I tried changing the position of the character in the xml so I wouldn't spawn in the ground and was successful in that but the world still looked weird so I went back and stared at Kaalus' chunks.dat page and read carefully the section on the directory that I had, up to now, just ignored.

After staring at beginning lines of the chunks.dat for the world base (with two modified chunks) and xandazoris (with 58 modified chunks) I now see what is going on!  The location of the chunk is actually in two places: the directory at the top of chunks.dat and the first few bytes of the beginning of the chunk...and the offset to the chunk data is read backwards (that's kind of what little-endian means I think).

Okay, so what I think I need to do is:
1.  Copy/paste from xandazoris into world base
2.  Update the location of the first chunk to match the first chunk in world base
3.  Update the other 57 chunks to maintain the same relative location 

Can't wait to try this out ASAP...which will be Tuesday night unfortunately...

Big thanks to junkonwheels for this post that really got me going on the chunks.dat file:
http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/reply/46905846/Structure-Transfer#reply-46905846

Last Edited By: SCneophyte 6 January, 2015 05:40:27. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#27 [url]

6 January, 2015 06:43:55

@mrshots
Bad news. Animals doesnt seem to spawn in edited land. Will have to watch more......
[immidiate edit]
Sorry about that. It works!
I changed the testing world into harmless and slept and SUCESS!
I aleady guessed sleep will effect it but i didnt know the game mode would......thanks scneo! :)
for now theres only lions and wolves so i will have to test more for more details.... Next step:cover the land with blocks.

Last Edited By: viper 6 January, 2015 06:55:46. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#28 [url]

6 January, 2015 07:36:55

I finally downloaded your world but
1.why did you send it?
2.im not seeing any bedrocks. Where is it? It this the old version?

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#29 [url]

6 January, 2015 16:27:32

Viper: I didn't put marble on that island, that's why. Sscneo: I am confident you can do this. That oasis is pretty weird but is promising xD. Thanks! Good luck.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#30 [url]

6 January, 2015 17:23:24

I really wish that animals would be more tolerant to small space. :(

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#31 [url]

6 January, 2015 18:27:30

Btw there are ostrich cages below ground so that may affect spawning as there is 12 animals there, all caged in an underground ruin. :D.
also thanks for changing the temp/humidity.
​so scneophyte, you're doing the chunks individually and positioning them? Sounds hard. Glad I finally have some help with this.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#32 [url]

7 January, 2015 01:50:19

I have to take it slowly at the moment.  At this point I still need to understand better the chunk positions.  For example, I see you have two modified chunks in x-position 56.  I am relatively confident that this refers to what I think of as the column.  The rows for these two chunks (z) are E6 and E5, respecitvely.  What I don't yet know is if E5 is to the left or right of E6.  

This will be a simple thing to test but I don't have the time tonight...and tomorrow (Wednesday) is out too.  I won't be able to look at this again until Thursday.

I've only been dissecting chunks.dat for a week now and am already dreaming of learning C++ to write a program to modify chunks.dat.

Quote    Reply   

SCneophyte

Founder
Fully Fledged

#33 [url]

7 January, 2015 23:57:13

Success!

I should be working but I couldn't resist testing the theory above and have successfully placed three chunks.  I PM'D you the link.  Here's what I need you to do:

1: Do the three blocks look placed correctly?  I assume yes but want to make sure
2: Is the water level correct?  Seems like it should be lower; there is a lot underwater at the moment
3: The humidity/tempmerature was changed for the world but the old chunks are still average temp and humidity.  Do you want that changed?
4.  Here's the big one:  please place a block on the ocean floor for each chunk that needs to be modified; i.e. one block every 16 spaces should do it.  There are 56 more chunks so just place 56 blocks in separate chunks anywhere really.

Once you do that I can work on finishing it...

ps: even better news!  I went back into the world a second time to find three hyenas on one island and two lions on the other!!

Last Edited By: SCneophyte 8 January, 2015 04:13:45. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#34 [url]

8 January, 2015 09:27:28

Yes i too found out that predators do spawn on edited land.....which i think is why theres occasional predators running around your house.

And mrshots where did you spawned black bears? I cant find them.....
But then again, i didnt found a lot of things:D

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#35 [url]

8 January, 2015 15:37:23

You wanna see stuff, look in the cave near the shore of the cliff. Everything underground connects there. :D

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#36 [url]

8 January, 2015 15:38:18

Are the block placing for the rock thing? Do you need me to make the copy model?

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#37 [url]

8 January, 2015 15:42:27

Chunks are not quite correct, one chunk is on the wrong side. I don't know how to explain it. I'll send an explanation world.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#39 [url]

8 January, 2015 16:12:22

Well i can use a help. Its a boring work. :)
Btw its not island. Im now working on my little forest again.

Quote    Reply   

viper

Tribal
Fully Fledged

#40 [url]

8 January, 2015 16:16:07

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e68y3qs447y5yh/rain%20forest.scworld?dl=0
It was orininally supposed to be look like rain forest of amazon but its getting a littled mixed over time. And after seeing your map and nkiruka......well, mine looks prettey lame. But for some reason im still working on it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help