Remove this ad

scdude90

Forgotten Being
Old Timer

Lead

20 September, 2014 02:34:38

Tags : :

Hey freinds and SC players! This may be a new ODT for our feature requests sections.

Lets start you off with some examples:
~Cloudy Day
~Hail

We want you to come up with more so keep the ideas coming here! I'll be expecting to hear everyone's who is willing to get some weather changes in SC. I mean, who wants the same old boring weather system?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

tinkerer14

Farmer
Old Timer

#1 [url]

20 September, 2014 11:42:30

Hmmm...how about some seasons? And maybe a wind mechanic? And if hail is implemented would the individual hailstones look like seeds just an icy blue color?

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#3 [url]

4 November, 2014 17:46:39

flaming asteroid birds

I think that occasionally it should rain flaming asteroid birds.
​lol jk but on a more serious note, occasional meteors/asteroids would be nice to fall, they would not be very large. A 3D entity like a flaming debris but larger. Same kind of looks as cloud style. When it falls, it can destroy max of 10 blocks, but only dirt, leaves, weak blocks. Can set flammable blocks ablaze

Quote    Reply   

DeadLegion Studios

Fully Fledged

#4 [url]

13 November, 2014 21:07:55

Wow, this topic has very very very little posts :/

SO HERES AN IDEA!

Tornadoes! They will ocasionally blow around blocks such as gravel and sand(all blocks with gravity), and this idea would be vey cool, show trees swaying left and right if its windy and when theres a tornado. Also do a particle effect on trees that show leaves blowing around.

Hurricanes! They will create waves and fast winds. The waves will crash on the beach leaving fish stranded on the shore line(sometimes, probably would be pretty rare) and the waves should be 1-4 blocks tall and can travel a distance of 4 * the hight of the wave. So the biggest wave can travel 16 blocks out.

Blizzard! When out in a blizzard(which only occur in snow areas), you take damage no matter what(like 5-100 dmg). The snow in the groud will be in blocks, not just an 1/8 block of snow and it will cause you to walk slow(maybe 1/3 speed?).

Fog! Just have fog and no rain.

Rain! Rain intensity should vary along with lightning. Heavy rain = lightning + dense fog; medium rain = fog + ocasional lightning; weak rain = slight fog.

Thank you
   DeadLegion Studios

---Dead Legion Studios---

!!ATTENTION ALL WHO ARE READING!!
(As of December 15, 2014)

I am in my time of need and I ask of all of you to please subscribe to my YouTube Channel and stay in touch with it! I have recently been developing a game I have fallen in love with and that I have big plans for! I need all of your help to get my game where I want it to be! So I ask of you, will you join me in my time of need?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTU2eBrvWJbBwoRfBeN8PsA

Thank you,
    DeadLegion Studios

Quote    Reply   

scdude90

Forgotten Being
Old Timer

#5 [url]

27 November, 2014 03:19:00

Snow should also pile up 5mins of snow/block of snow. Just an idea for snowy days like way up north where I live.

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#6 [url]

27 November, 2014 08:06:59

It should render 3/4 block height, and you would wade through it. N blocks stacked would have height (N-1) + 3/4. So, 1 block goes up to thighs, 2 blocks up to neck. 3 blocks you're submerged. Snowshoes would support you walking on surface.

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#8 [url]

27 November, 2014 23:19:41

What about extreme sunny days, almost like heatwaves that last a whole day in the world...on this day, the player begins to get exhausted in half the time and starts taking small bits of damage occasionally which will not kill but only hurt the player-this will only happen in deserts if the player has spent a large amount of time in them. Also the sky has a tint of red on these days-you can only avoid the effects of the "heatwave" if your in water, your underground, your in the glasier/ice biome.

Quote    Reply   

Coffeebean

Castaway
Greenhorn

#9 [url]

29 November, 2014 14:16:17

Temperature

I would be interested to see just temperature to play a bigger part. Maybe from hypothermia to heat stroke. So in survival mode you would need a fireplace for heat in the cold, or need a cool cave to escape the heat.  

Then proper clothing could be made to suit the tempurature.
thick coats and pants made from animal skins
snow shoes for trekking in snow made from wood and leather
Sandles for trekking in extreme heat
a large brim hat made from straw for avoiding sunburn

as for weather effects, maybe dense fog. So you are unable to see more than a few blocks. 
Maybe heavy rain that causes flooding that can wash away poorly built shelters. 
the northern lights would be a cool detail at night. Can't see any practical use though. 

Quote    Reply   

KBClarinetBb

Scavenger
Full Fledged

#10 [url]

29 December, 2014 03:20:55

Earthquakes. Ground shakes making certain structure fall down. Sometimes makes fissures in the ground.
Doomsday. All the weather conditions at once plus astroids made of ice fall from the sky. Volcanoes erupt lava into the air and push sulfur ore to the surface. The suun shoots fire balls from the sky. A plague of locusts eat every crop they can find every tree. Locusts dont hurt the player but can spawn other locusts and fit through 1 block tall gaps. Zombies eat turn wolves to wolf zombies. And tsunamis flood the whole land. Doomsday is a new difficulty mode where you have a certain numbers of days before Doomsday weather takes over.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

scdude90

Forgotten Being
Old Timer

#11 [url]

11 January, 2015 22:59:43

Flooding?
It would be impressively...disastrous.  
I really don't like natural disasters, and if they are added in the game, they should have a 1 in 3000 chance of happening every day.

Quote    Reply   

Furo

Scavenger
Full Fledged

#14 [url]

28 February, 2015 11:17:50

Volcanoes and earthquakes are cool.
My ideas:

Natural and bigger fires, when there is a fire ambient turns hot and with dark smoke on the air, player begins to caught it could be a modified hurt sound. before the fire some trees and vegetal stuff will be converted to coal blocks.

Disadvantages: forests dissapear, you can die (for high temp or burned by fire)

Advantages: you can get coal and cooked meat if an animal were inside.

Sea storms and tsunamis: when a storm happens on the sea or a big water surface
Water begins to move and create waves.
On tsunamis giant waves hit the land an can provoque floods and destroy blocks, on a tsunami you can see a dark line on the sea horizon, then if a tsunami catch you it will remove you half life and u can die drowned because the strong water course.

Advantatges: after tsunami you can find fish, and sea animals on the ground.

Notes: ( water on floods provoqued for sea storms and tsunamis will retire to the sea o the lake)

Quote    Reply   

cjworks22

Scavenger
Greenhorn

#15 [url]

9 April, 2015 12:33:22

Love the wading snow, blizzard, dense fog and variable intensity rain ideas.

Personally, I hope a seasons system be implemented. This would be like in terrafirma craft where it changes the environment aesthetically (ie trees colour) and temperature wise (which affects plant growth and the environment). In addition, maybe trigger animal migrations?

Lastly, in bad weather mobs should seek shelter.

Quote    Reply   

Okamihunter

Forager
Greenhorn

#16 [url]

25 April, 2015 15:06:52

the game would be awsome if they add blizzard for snow bioms, sandstorm for desert bioms , and typhoon for other biom and seasons( just like cjworks22 suggested)

thats all for now ;)

Quote    Reply   

Ayeaye

Survivor
Old Timer

#19 [url]

30 May, 2015 14:11:00

Seasonal Weather

An option to add seasonal weather would be truly realistic in SurvivalCraft. It could be turned on and off in the settings, and adjusted to simulate the seasons in real life... like if it's winter in real life, then it's gonna snow and the Temperature will drop in your survival world.

You guys getting what I'm saying?

Quote    Reply   

iLoveSC

Castaway
Greenhorn

#20 [url]

12 June, 2015 11:11:40

Wind(Air)

Survivalcraft is amazing with all of the features its got in it. One feature that would be great would be wind(Air) wind is fresh, hearing the sound is more realistic being in a live world. Dusts in desserts (storm dusts). Seeing smoke would be great. Lets contaminate the ambient by adding smoke (not smoking cigarets) like smoke when you burn leaves, wood etc...
Watching smoke clouds from far burning trees or houses etc... 
Wind is very important :)

-Thank you for reading :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help