Tags : :

This would require the following materials:
- 2 horses
- ropes
- wood
- leather
-iron rod
-iron

You would craft the body of the carriage first. Then you would craft the wheels out of wood, or iron. You may want to use iron rods for the suspension of the carriages. Then attach the wheels on to it. After that, you make a cloth type of thing with leather to make the top of the carriage(to prevent rain from coming inside) You can craft ropes from string. attach the rope o the 2 horses and connect it to the carriage. You get into the carriage( the same way you get in a boat or horse ), and you can control it. This is just my idea. It may not have all the details, but something like that.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

macongula2121

Survivalist
Old Timer

#1 [url]

2 September, 2014 12:41:10

I like this, only I see a problem with maneuvering it through forests and mountains, you would need to build a wide road first

"Don't forget to wash behind your ears."

Come join the Survival Wars!!

http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19405480#.U_Vrvd8o7qB

Mac,

Forum Staff.

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#3 [url]

5 September, 2014 16:43:47

Click the thumbs up icon! Excellent idea. IMHO SC needs something big - a transportation mode - to try to start catching up with MCPE's latest release. They already had carts, but now they have infinite worlds and really nice terrain generation - rivers and plateaus. Not to mention NPCs and MP. I strongly suspect this is where the forum traffic has gone. Clothing will be nice but if skins didn't do it, I don't see clothing doing it. Maybe I'll be wrong if there's armor too.

Anyways carriages, or wagons, fit with the survival theme. Lots of settlers used wagons, and that's what we are. Harnessing and steering horse(s) could be tricky to engineer though.

Quote    Reply   

Azan Basit

Fully Fledged

#4 [url]

18 September, 2014 09:58:28

It would be 5x3 in length and breadth.You would also be able to store things in it and sleep in it, making it a sort of mobile home.

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#7 [url]

18 September, 2014 19:47:37

The best thing about a cart - besides carrying cargo - is that when it stops, your horses would not run away! Finally a way to tether these fickle creatures.

Quote    Reply   

tinkerer14

Farmer
Old Timer

#8 [url]

18 September, 2014 20:07:28

Then if you were to sleep in the wagon, how are you going to protect yourself and your horses from predators?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#9 [url]

18 September, 2014 20:42:45

That might not be safe to do. However you'd now be able to dismount and build a shelter for you and the horses, without them running off.

You know, this new "predators can kill prey" feature may make multiplayer a must-have. We'd need someone riding "shotgun", and may find no prey ourselves unless we have a partner to hunt with. If that feature wipes out all prey, that will pretty much kill survival play for this game.

Quote    Reply   

scdude90

Forgotten Being
Old Timer

#10 [url]

18 September, 2014 22:35:40

This topic reminds me of the oregon trail and gold rush in 1849. If you were to travel west.

Quote    Reply   

tinkerer14

Farmer
Old Timer

#11 [url]

29 September, 2014 02:57:16

I do remember a while back, someone requested an electric carriage, as in a rudimentary design but in a different thread. Honestly, i think the option of having an electrical carriage is a neat idea, if one wishes to upgrade from horses, or can't find any around. I think it could be crafted like this:

B=battery
O=nothing
F=furnace/oven
C=chest
W= wood block
L=leather
R=copper wire
S=stick
I=iron rod

OOO
IOI
WIW = chassis

ORO
FOB
ORO = drivetrain

LLL
SOS
WOW = cabin

chassis+drivetrain+cabin=electric carriage.

thoughts?

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#12 [url]

29 September, 2014 20:58:56

tinkerer14 wrote:
I do remember a while back, someone requested an electric carriage, as in a rudimentary design but in a different thread. Honestly, i think the option of having an electrical carriage is a neat idea, if one wishes to upgrade from horses, or can't find any around. I think it could be crafted like this:

I think you are reffering to the "Enginge and Wheels" topic (or something like that). I'll bump it.

Quote    Reply   

claylawliss

Castaway
Old Timer

#14 [url]

8 August, 2015 03:27:57

good idea

Personally I think this is a great idea, especially because I tend to make my home on the shore and use it as a road. However walking can be slow and horses hard to find... so I sometimes use boats, I almost always get killed. So I propose a smaller carriage like a horse drawn buggy... this still doesn't solve the finding a horse thing though...

Last Edited By: claylawliss 8 August, 2015 03:31:13. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Paradisecupcakes

Castaway
Full Fledged

#15 [url]

1 February, 2016 18:16:08

Idea

Okay so I know this idea and thread is somewhat 2 years old, but there are a few ideas I would like to add. 1, carriage sizes. There is a small one where only one horse can pull, and horses get tired after awhile. Donkeys don't pull. The next size up requires two horses, and this has to be built with an ore. The third is the biggest, and it requires four horses, and you can sleep in in, and the horses barely ever get tired.

And the way your horse regains energry is grazing and resting in an open area or stall. Another thing you should add is a whip, to make the horse sprint. So if you need a quick getaway from an enemy or predator, the whip is the perfect solution, though it makes the horses energy go down faster. Also, different kinds of ropes. There's the first, an easy one to make, which doesn't last long, and if it breaks the horses will either run for it or stay beside you. Another is the second, which is a decent one. This one will last fairly long, and the materials are kinda easy to gather, and then there's the third one, where it barely ever breaks, and you can repair it. The harnesses come in different colors, etc.

Those are all my ideas :-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help