Remove this ad

Mrsurvivalcraft

Survivalist
Fully Fledged

#61 [url]

2 May, 2015 17:56:59

Blitz!! Hey bud!     Just thought i'd pop in here and let you know how well your YouTube video is doing!
Highest views of all my videos and doubled or tripled the views of everyone but 2 and even those like 100 behind. :O
I thought I was the one promoting LOL... Flipped and now your map helps promote my videos and blog!!! :O
:-) :-D :-D
I still use your tutorial map (Electricity Unleashed) probably everyday since I started piling up TONS of circuits, devices, traps, ideas, fails, etc. that I don't wanna forget or rough draft projects before implemented into Gotham. On the outskirts of your build and at anytime can just fly a short distance to one of your displays. It's been crucial to my learning of Boolean Logic and for projects on my adventure. Definitely earned it's permanent spot among the 1 of 4 worlds on my list of worlds page. And it's nickname for me (test world).
Hope I didn't go on to long there :-\                                                                    Later bud!

Oh and BTW, Stanimus (saw you above us)  :)  if you're seeing / reading this... Know yours is on there too, I think I told you. "Circuits" :-D
(all credit deserved and used I document so I can put on wall of credit later, also some get A LOT more then their name a few times and places). :-D

So serious!?!  I half Joke...

Last Edited By: Mrsurvivalcraft 4 May, 2015 04:48:45. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Mrsurvivalcraft

Survivalist
Fully Fledged

#62 [url]

3 February, 2016 12:00:39

Any updates to anything or new stuff?!?

Would love to see it if so! I haven't even played with the dispenser at all :-O
I know, I know.. Lol.
Curious if you added a section for it, or if it is easy enough to not really need...

Just been so busy trying to complete the majority of my current project before I start start adding the electrics.
Ty..

So serious!?!  I half Joke...

Quote    Reply   

mgblitz81

Survivalist
Ancestor

#63 [url]

4 February, 2016 04:49:44

Nothing new to report here besides Music of the Spheres Part 2, which I added to the first post a couple weeks ago.

I've thought about updating old maps too, but I'm not so sure. I kind of like to see how my builds progressed as time goes by.

____________________________________________________________________________________
For a complete list of all my electric projects, videogames, and tutorials click on this link:
http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19405016/Electrical-Projects-Videogames-Tutorials-Showcase-Thread

Quote    Reply   

Clasmir

Forager
Greenhorn

#65 [url]

18 February, 2016 04:30:04

Hello MGBlitz81

Your maps and electrics skills are amazing and so is your building! I have created a few circuits that could be used in a computer, but youtube and the internet in general seems to lack information on how to put them together. I was wondering if you knew how or of another source to help.

Circuits include:
Binary Adder, Subtracter, Multiplier, Shifter, (<, >, = comparators), and a decimal counter (working on going backwards with it), memory bank registers and a few others.

Quote    Reply   

mgblitz81

Survivalist
Ancestor

#66 [url]

18 February, 2016 17:33:33

Sorry Clasmir, but I can't help you. I really don't have a clue as to how to make calculation circuits.
 As for putting them together, I'm not sure what you mean. You would have to give me a more specific example I think.

____________________________________________________________________________________
For a complete list of all my electric projects, videogames, and tutorials click on this link:
http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19405016/Electrical-Projects-Videogames-Tutorials-Showcase-Thread

Quote    Reply   

Clasmir

Forager
Greenhorn

#67 [url]

18 February, 2016 21:52:54

Thats okay,

I will look harder. In the meantime, let me put a map together with all of my calculation circuits. They can be very useful and powerful. Keep up the good work!

Quote    Reply   

mgblitz81

Survivalist
Ancestor

#69 [url]

23 February, 2016 05:01:12

Wow!

Never knew how simple those circuits were. I could Imagine how they would be useful for all kinds of electric builds.

Thanks for sharing!

Quote    Reply   

Clasmir

Forager
Greenhorn

#70 [url]

30 March, 2016 23:27:50

I think I have it...

I think I have made a working computer system. Also, I saw your latest music world. You could probably make a guitar hero style of game like that! I am going to try to make a pacman game with my computer, and I am posting a world with tutorials for the mechanics of it all.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#71 [url]

4 April, 2016 19:19:33

I hope you keep working on the computer. We’ve had a few people attempt this and they always seem to falter and stall – including myself! I’ve worked on a computer core for a while – on and off  – and have a collection of sub-circuits, including I/O latches, registers, R/W RAM arrays and a 64K * 8 bit ROM array (which uses over 1,000 memory banks!), that should let me connect them to make the computer core. I haven’t decided on some internal architecture issues (how to implement a stack) and that’s pretty much what’s made me stall. But, one thing I decided from the start was that I was going to avoid using bit-wise signals as much as possible. Most of the sub-circuits use ‘analog’ signals and this lets them be much smaller than they would be otherwise. As one example, here is a circuit for a full 4-bit adder that uses only 2 Memory Banks. The picture shows the input and output for the circuit as well.

The I/O takes up much more space than the circuit itself – the block on the right is the actual circuit. That’s all it takes! The design is extremely simple. The two inputs go to the two banks in parallel. One bank is programmed for the 4-bit output sum. The other bank calculates the overflow bit. For a simple 4-bit core, that’s all you need. For a larger word size, the higher order modules are more complex to implement due to the carry, but they work on the same principle. Also, your numerical representation can affect the circuit. This circuit assumes unsigned/positive integers for simplicity.
You can get the world with this simple adder, here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsiizxxum8y7gok/Computing.scworld?dl=1

I will be adding this and other computing circuits to the wiki, where I’ll be able to explain them in more detail, and include the ‘code’ for the banks.
A subtraction circuit depends more on your numerical representation scheme. I.e., whether you use signed/unsigned/1’s complement/2’s complement integers. All those options make it tough to present in a simple message reply. However, you can usually subtract by complementing the ‘subtrahend’ and adding them. What ‘complement’ means depends on the representation. I’ll cover subtraction in more detail when I get to it on the wiki.

Anyhoo, keep it up and please post a link when your computer is working!

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Clasmir

Forager
Greenhorn

#72 [url]

5 April, 2016 01:43:25

Oops...

I just recently discovered the potential for memory banks and I hadn't thought of adders... I hope you don't mind me using this idea. This should make computers MUCH smaller. When 0.30.0 comes out, you could put an 8-bit, maybe even 16-bit adder inside a single block. Cool :)

Quote    Reply   

mgblitz81

Survivalist
Ancestor

#73 [url]

5 April, 2016 08:52:17

Clasmir, I've actually thought about making a guitar hero game. It wouldn't be too hard to do. Either that or a synthesia inspired map. That would be a bit more difficult but I'm sure I could figure it out. I use synthesia videos on YouTube to create all my music in the first place.

I'm taking a short break right now though. I get a little burnt out every once in a while after making electric maps. Been tossing around the idea of going back to one of my abandoned epic build maps. I just always get bored building these maps so I don't know yet.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#76 [url]

5 April, 2016 23:51:53

Clasmir wrote:
I just recently discovered the potential for memory banks and I hadn't thought of adders... I hope you don't mind me using this idea. This should make computers MUCH smaller. When 0.30.0 comes out, you could put an 8-bit, maybe even 16-bit adder inside a single block. Cool :)

Sure, I wouldn't put it out there if I didn't want others to use it. Actually, responding to your post made me rethink how I implemented it in another world and I think that helped me figure out another problem I was running up against there. That one needs at least an 8-bit adder, preferrably 12-bits and I think this way will work a lot better than what I had...

I started a page on the wiki for this circuit: http://survivalcraftgame.wikia.com/wiki/Addition_Circuit It also has the program for the banks so you can cut/paste them. It's much easier that typing from scratch.
And I came up with a single bank circuit that will give you logic compare outputs. It's all just programming the bank right. E.g., the output bit0 could be '1' when the inputs are =, bit1 is < and bit2 is >. Maybe bit3 could be '1' if they are complements of each other? Have any ideas on that one, I'm open. I threw the program for that on the same page until I make another page for that circuit. (It's kind of hard to call them circuits when it's only one chip!)
Just think of the bank as an 8-inpput, 4-outpu Programmable Logic Array and you can get some ideas on what it's capable of!  Massive kudos to Kaalus for that one!!  Hazzah! And I don't want to think about what 1.30 COULD bring - I wouldn't sleep at night!

Anyway, if you have ideas on how to implement a stack, that's what's giving me troubles in my computer core design. I think I'm close to figuring out my internal data path, except for that...

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Electricwizard

Hunter
Fully Fledged

#77 [url]

6 April, 2016 01:34:06

MG:

Guitar hero would be pretty cool, although it would be challenging to get the chords on right. I'm sure you'll figure it out, though. I'll send you a link with a basic layout for the controls sometime.
Ciasmir, ever think of joining my Massive Videogame Creation Clan? MVCC? Actually, it doesn't exist, but if you ever need help with video game schematics, my specialty, I'll be glad to help. If you ever make one, of course

Quote    Reply   

Clasmir

Forager
Greenhorn

#78 [url]

6 April, 2016 03:47:31

Well...

I am making a computer based off of redstone tutorials, not real life. It is ridiculously simple. I don't know if I understand what stack is. Anyways, my computer is manually programmed, then you start said program, and a clock runs throught the first line until you input two numbers and press enter. Then it moves to line two, calculates, and moves to line 4 when it is done. In line 4, it also outputs before moving back to line 1. Thats it. It works and I should be able to make a Pacman style game with the system.

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#79 [url]

6 April, 2016 19:50:57

What the blazes is up with this site?!? I do the exact same thing I did yesterday, only today it doesn't give the same results!!! Idiot programmers! Can't reliably display images on a website? Ridiculous!
------

I see what you're saying, Clasmir. But a redstone circuit is probably the WORST source you could use! Still, I wish you good luck with it.

I however, have the goal of being able to run a special type of high level programming language on the computer. One that needs a data stack as well as a return stack. I'll figure it out. Especially now that you got me thinking again and I've already had a couple breakthroughs.

Here's a pic of the ALU I'm building: image
That's a side view showing how its laid out. Only the logical and bitwise functions are implemented so far. I'll be adding arithmetical functions next. Then I'll worry about addressing modes and register transfers...
Here's the 'user interface' for testing: image

Well, I don't know if those will display right or not. Yumpin yimminy! You can see them on the ALU page I'm building: http://survivalcraftgame.wikia.com/wiki/ALU_Circuit
Yes, I have a world with program memory ROM and a blog on the wiki: http://survivalcraftgame.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Stanimus/Large_Memory_Arrays Let me know if that works for you. ROM is actually pretty easy to do, it depends on how much you need.
And you're not bugging me. I'm glad to help and you've inspired ME.

————————————————————

Stanimus

Last Edited By: Stanimus 6 April, 2016 20:08:14. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Electricwizard

Hunter
Fully Fledged

#80 [url]

6 April, 2016 23:05:08

Ciasmir

You wouldn't need an actual computer for Pac-Man. You would need a detailed sprite mem bank cell system, a rudimentary AI system (which is much easier then it sounds) and 5 Movement circuits, as well as an SR latch representing each pellet. Message me if you need any help :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help