Before we get started, I would like you to follow this link (http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19404686/May-Building-Challenge-Think-Inside-The-Box
) to dantheman's challenge: "Think Inside The Box". Give it a try and send him your submission. After you are done come back here...
Here are the rules:
1. The city must have a wall. It can go completely around the entire city, or part of the city, or it can be an ancient ruined wall which is crumbling. But there must be a wall.
2. The city must have a castle or a fortress. You can build it anywhere within the jack o lantern plot. It can be inside of the wall, or outside. And there can be more than one castle or fortress if you wish.
3. The city must have a port. This can be on the ocean side, or the river side...or maybe a space port. You can build a boat and supplies if you want, or just docks and warehouses. Whatevah.
4. The city must be a city. Or a village. Ancient, medieval, modern, futuristic, post-apocalyptic...it doesn't matter. Very detailed with tables and chairs, or stripped down. No prob. Ideally, there should be streets. Maybe a cathedral or meeting hall. A park would be nice.
5. The city should have a name. Name it.
6. You should try not to build outside of the jack o lanterns, but this is not a strict rule. If you'd like to extend a little beyond, that's okay. If you want to burn down trees, or add trees outside of your city, go ahead. I will encourage you to extend some of your roads out of the city a distance so we can see the routes that distant farmers take to bring their crops to market.
*** Additionally, you are NOT required to use the entire plot of land, nor does your city's wall need to follow the jack o lantern path the entire way. The jack o lanterns just mark off the area where the city should be built, so we don't have to search all over the place. Some may build on the flats,some may build on the mountain and some may use both. ***
7. Terraform if you want.
8. That's enough rules, don't you think?
This challenge is not anonymous. When you are done with your build, just upload it to this thread. It will give us all a chance to rip your work (and your self-esteem) to shreds.
ENJOY! And ask if you have any questions.