Remove this ad

rockstar5166

Survivalist
Old Timer

Lead

9 December, 2013 16:58:20

Tags : : , ,

Moving Darkness is one in many series of short RPG maps that I've made. Unlike all my other maps, this one has a variety of customized texture packs, talking NPC's, Stores, Bosses, and Towns.

Rules: Please do not break blocks, dig, destroy glass, mine, or fly. Feel free to kill any animal you want. Only sleep in Inns or "Beds" to avoid getting eaten by animals outside. Have fun.

Story - In a small summer village lives a Jinseihan boy is the set out on a Journey to discover the secrets of the world, but learns that his village is surrounded by strange mysteries, related to a few disappearances. Walk through the village and follow the tasks, and talk to the villagers. Learn more about the missing people and discover what the "Darkness" is. Craft tools, buy items, fight bosses, explore caves, deserts, and forests to unlock the secrets of the land. Your biggest adventure awaits!

Credits:
Creator(s) - Rockstar5166 & DjAsiantech
Inspiration - koefoner, voidghoul, theuserofallusers, chimerakid
Map Tester - Djasiantech
Questgiver - Rockstar5166
Timekeeper - DrShemp
Special Help - cursedth, rioxas, aesopredux, Brythok
Game Developer - Kaalus

Map Setting Type - Adventure
Gameplay Time - Approx. 1 hour
Texture Pack - Customized (Link provided both in map and here)
Skill Difficulty - Normal
Respawn - None (Once you die, you must restart from the beginning)
Walkthrough - To be announced...

NOTE: This map was made in 1.22 so things might look a little different.

Download The Map Here (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4xvpxifaz0o99a/Moving%20Dark%20FN.scworld?dl=0
Alternate Download (Mediafire): http://download1589.mediafire.com/398eeyo2z3tg/avrkoor8u49bj56/Moving+Dark.scworld

Custom Textures (Updated Daily): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lpcjs8g5ivrg14b/UM6Q6uDjyw?lst

imageimageimageimageimageimage

More Pictures

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Last Edited By: rockstar5166 4 March, 2015 21:40:41. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ling noi

Worm Food
Greenhorn

#3 [url]

14 December, 2013 05:45:42

Wow... I'm up to the entrance to greystone mines, and already this is by far the best SC map I've ever seen.
The NPCs - even though they're just signposts attached to xmas trees - add a massive element to the game. It shows how much better SC could be with NPCs.

Can't wait to find Sarafina....

Quote    Reply   

rockstar5166

Survivalist
Old Timer

#4 [url]

14 December, 2013 06:38:32

Epic Thanks

ling noi wrote:
Wow... I'm up to the entrance to greystone mines, and already this is by far the best SC map I've ever seen.
The NPCs - even though they're just signposts attached to xmas trees - add a massive element to the game. It shows how much better SC could be with NPCs.

Can't wait to find Sarafina....

Thanks. Your words mean a lot ^_^. I'm actually impressed at how far you've gotten into the game. I'm in the middle of making the second sequel as well. BTW, I'm a little curious, what texture did you use? 

Try Out Survivalcraft's First RPG
Try Out My Epic Cruel Survival Map
Try Out My Rival's Cruel Survival Map
Try Our Epic Team Survival Map

Quote    Reply   

rockstar5166

Survivalist
Old Timer

#5 [url]

14 December, 2013 06:42:21

Downloads So Far

558 people are enjoying this map. This makes me very happy!!!image

Quote    Reply   

Brythok

Fire Starter
Full Fledged

#6 [url]

15 December, 2013 15:56:48

I have one problem. Every "NPC" looks like a stupid minecraft person. This is SC. Other than that, it looks FANTASTIC! I do love your textures and the way you thought to do the towns and the markets in the desert areas! I also like the danger like the lava and block jumping! Great work!

Brythok

Quote    Reply   

ling noi

Worm Food
Greenhorn

#7 [url]

15 December, 2013 22:42:35

OK I *think* I've finished it. I'm not totally sure because there might be an issue at the end of the map. I am going to be quite careful here because I don't want to give away bits of the story for people who haven't discovered it yet.

First, it was absolutely amazing. I really felt it was a RPG. That's probably why I spent ages on it - way more than 1 hour to complete, more like 6 or 8 hours.
The plot, the narratives of the characters, the side-challenges etc. The way that you seem to stumble along the right path without really trying: The gameplay design was brilliant. Especially in a format like SC where you have very limited control. I would definitely play another. The 5 star system isn't enough to rate this map. It would be worth $5 in the app store on its own.

I used one of the textures provided to go with the game. The one where the NPCs have pink hair. This is probably essential to make the glass barriers totally invisible.

I also need to confess I cheated slightly. To make sure I enjoyed it, I solved all the puzzles but I saved and reloaded the game from the SD card a lot to ensure I could always go back. I also flew with one of the lava bosses after spending ages trying to do the jumps.
There was also a couple of places where I got stuck.

*SPOILER BELOW DO NOT READ IF THIS DISAPPOINTS YOU*
The places I got stuck were:
- It did take me a long time to find the entrance to the cave *after* seeing the witches. That was a bit vague
- I could only find 3 of 4 batteries in the sand-city (I think it was called Yari?). I cheated to get the 4th
- When I defeated the final boss, I got dumped in the harbour and I didn't realise the locked gate had opened
- OK this is the major one. After going through the formerly-locked gate to get to see the big ship with 16 guns, the signs had nothing on them and the NPC in the hut didn't say anything. There was also a small area with another locked gate (facing away from the hut, with the ship in front and to the right, this area was front-left) that I'd never accessed. I don't know what it was for. I didn't know how to get onto the ship, but when I flew over there the NPC on board said it was the end of the game. So just that very last bit seemed unfinished. Perhaps I had a slightly older copy of the map?
* END SPOILER *

Quote    Reply   

rockstar5166

Survivalist
Old Timer

#8 [url]

16 December, 2013 01:43:52

NOTE: Due to the 1.24 update all NPC's have been removed by Kaalus. They will now be replaced with Christmas trees.

Quote    Reply   

cursedth

Country President
Ancestor

#9 [url]

16 December, 2013 15:09:52

Only the top half will show.
The lower half will not show.

One could solve this by putting them on a block and then hiding that block behind something like a counter.

The plus side is that each top half can now be shot at since it's actually the Shooting Target with analog output.
At least one can vent his frustrations.

Last Edited By: cursedth 16 December, 2013 15:13:08. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

rockstar5166

Survivalist
Old Timer

#10 [url]

18 December, 2013 04:59:41

Congrats

ling noi wrote:
OK I *think* I've finished it. I'm not totally sure because there might be an issue at the end of the map. I am going to be quite careful here because I don't want to give away bits of the story for people who haven't discovered it yet.

First, it was absolutely amazing. I really felt it was a RPG. That's probably why I spent ages on it - way more than 1 hour to complete, more like 6 or 8 hours.
The plot, the narratives of the characters, the side-challenges etc. The way that you seem to stumble along the right path without really trying: The gameplay design was brilliant. Especially in a format like SC where you have very limited control. I would definitely play another. The 5 star system isn't enough to rate this map. It would be worth $5 in the app store on its own.

I used one of the textures provided to go with the game. The one where the NPCs have pink hair. This is probably essential to make the glass barriers totally invisible.

I also need to confess I cheated slightly. To make sure I enjoyed it, I solved all the puzzles but I saved and reloaded the game from the SD card a lot to ensure I could always go back. I also flew with one of the lava bosses after spending ages trying to do the jumps.
There was also a couple of places where I got stuck.

*SPOILER BELOW DO NOT READ IF THIS DISAPPOINTS YOU*
The places I got stuck were:
- It did take me a long time to find the entrance to the cave *after* seeing the witches. That was a bit vague
- I could only find 3 of 4 batteries in the sand-city (I think it was called Yari?). I cheated to get the 4th
- When I defeated the final boss, I got dumped in the harbour and I didn't realise the locked gate had opened
- OK this is the major one. After going through the formerly-locked gate to get to see the big ship with 16 guns, the signs had nothing on them and the NPC in the hut didn't say anything. There was also a small area with another locked gate (facing away from the hut, with the ship in front and to the right, this area was front-left) that I'd never accessed. I don't know what it was for. I didn't know how to get onto the ship, but when I flew over there the NPC on board said it was the end of the game. So just that very last bit seemed unfinished. Perhaps I had a slightly older copy of the map?
* END SPOILER *

I don't blame you, I accidentally dropped a battery into the magma and I had to cheat as well. Don't worry about it, I'll post a walkthrough to explain things better. I've already started working on the second RPG Map which is a lot bigger than this one.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

rockstar5166

Survivalist
Old Timer

#11 [url]

21 December, 2013 08:19:41

SC's RockstarRPG: Moving Darkness 2 [ADV] 20% (Not Playable)

Here's a few preview pics of the next installment of the RPG  series. It's gonna be a sequel to the first map. Once again, the screenshots were taken in 1.22. I plan to update my app by Christmas and release this map by January 2014.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Last Edited By: rockstar5166 21 December, 2013 08:25:13. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

cheehaw2012

Survivalist
Ancestor

#13 [url]

1 January, 2014 08:31:19

imageHello rockstar5166, your texture pack can't use in 1.24 anymore...
in 1.24, the npc is shooting target...

i hope you can update the texture pack...   

Quote    Reply   

nichalish

Survivor
Full Fledged

#14 [url]

2 January, 2014 18:48:15

My kindle won't let me download your texture pack and I don't want to play the game without your texture pack.
Any suggestions?

Quote    Reply   

19Ollawson

Castaway
Greenhorn

#16 [url]

15 March, 2015 17:54:32

This was honestly the best survival craft world I have ever played

This game had the best level of interaction and storyline I have ever played, and was on a whole other planet compared to the annoyingly basic horse, teen, and love worlds that clog up survival crafts downloads. The only question I have is.. WHERE IS THE SEQUAL. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I need this next world. In all though, congrats on making the best world in survival craft.

Quote    Reply   

mrshots

City Founder
Fully Fledged

#17 [url]

27 March, 2015 14:21:23

Nice game! I got stuck with not being able to open the door to the dead forest, so I just broke it...
Nice new texture etc.

Took me much longer than an hour :)

Is the sequel ever coming out or did you give up on sc?

Quote    Reply   

phazetwo

Castaway
Greenhorn

#18 [url]

28 April, 2015 07:06:40

Is the texture pack for this world still available? . The Dropbox link shows me the 2 MP4 files. I want to check out this world so I can get ideas for my own adventure world 

Quote    Reply   

phazetwo

Castaway
Greenhorn

#19 [url]

28 April, 2015 07:44:00

Also.. Noob question but how do I leave the first boss battle .. I got locked in the room the first time then I tried to use snowballs to hit the lava blocking the entrance. I can't believe I'm stuck this early on but then again it is 4am.. I will try again tomorrow. In regards to the world, I see alot of effort was put into this. I hope my adventure map doesn't feel too plain or empty but then again that's the vibe I am going for.. Any tips on how to pass that first cave area would be nice. Again, I beat the boss and then i can't figure out how to leave the area.  Sorry for the double post btw. Seems like I Can't edit a post on my phone 

Quote    Reply   

Mrsurvivalcraft

Survivalist
Fully Fledged

#20 [url]

2 May, 2015 20:50:13

Looks pretty freakin awesome, for 1.22, wow. These guys were ahead of their time I love the xmas tree idea!! Weird how these awesome ones fall through the cracks... I've never seen or heard about this! I'm a check this out late for sure when I have some time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help