Remove this ad

hkarta

Tool Crafter
Ancestor

Lead

26 November, 2013 05:43:12

Tags : :

No problem. :)

Check out this quick little (probably pretty buggy) convertor I have put together. It should deal with pretty much any mc world (thanks to this library).
I have put together some "little" package, which includes convertor and example world file - in this case it is whole continent of Azeroth from computer game "World of warcraft" as seen on this map (the one on the right). Now obviously, you wont be able to convert whole map for your phone, as the map is amout 2gb in size - and dont expect it to get any smaller in survivalcraft.

So, extract the package, launch application. It will tell you the dimensions (in chunks, 16x16 areas) of minecraft map in "Map" folder. The map that already comes with it is surrounded by water, so you better start at at least 150 chunks. Anyway, as i said, this convertor is pretty dirty - more like proof of concept, so dont expect it to hold your hand. All it will ask you is to specify rectangle that will be cut from minecraft maop and inserted into survivalcraft. You should input it in format it tells you - so, for example the stormwind city thats included has been generated from these chunks:
161;207;514;571;10

first number is start coordinate x, second is end coordinate x. End coordinate should always be higher than start. Next two numbers are the same, but for coordinate y. Last number is initial height level (because minecraft maps have twice the maximum height of survivalcraft ones, it has to be cropped).

Anyway, if you inputed everything correctly, conversion should start. Now - the program will have probably no idea what does some block ids in minecraft world mean - thats what blockdef.txt file is for. once conversion finishes, you should get list of numbers representing minecraft block ids (and their block data) that appear in area you selected. If some things will be missing in your final product, simply add their ids into that text file. Its format is:
minecraft block id;minecraft block data;survivalcraft block id;survivalcraft data;comment (optional)

if you dont know what to put in block data, you might get away with -1 for minecraft block data and 0 for survivalcraft block data.

Also, make sure that before each conversion you replace Chunks.dat in application folder with a new one - preferable totally new world with single chunk (16x16 area) modified.

Once done, package chunks.dat back into .scworld (like you would do with scedit), load file in game and enjoy. :)

Now, check out some screenies of first world I converted (coords are kinda off, there is part of city missing and about 50mb of water :)).

imageimage

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!sRQG3IJL!dNnBr0HosTbWoOuyiMKYFCZLKMQA6AXInwjBMKENqro

Enjoy. .)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

hkarta

Tool Crafter
Ancestor

#4 [url]

27 November, 2013 22:59:29

It should deal with any map that Substrate can read. :)
However you still have to specify which minecraft block ids translates into which survivalcraft block ids.

Quote    Reply   

reap3r119

Survivor

#5 [url]

28 November, 2013 01:09:44

hkartaWell, convert it into anything you like. Id suggest germanium.

No, redstone is minecraft's version of copper wire.

Quote    Reply   

hkarta

Tool Crafter
Ancestor

#6 [url]

28 November, 2013 01:28:44

Ehm. The point is, you can convert redstone to lets say pumpkins as well. God, even rye would work. Or simply replace it with air blocks (id 0). Its up to you.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheBobsterblue

Tribal
Old Timer

#8 [url]

29 May, 2014 02:05:07

I think this is amazing. Really. I wish we could do this from a mobile device.

BB Alpha Texture Page: http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19405055/New-Texture-BB-Alpha-124#.U2_qavldWJw

Download my texture and check it out!

Download the Survivalcraft forum app for android! Made by me! 
http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19405100/master/1/?page=1#.U3vBVNJdWSo

Check out the Land of Pirates - A Community Build themed by the 1700's. http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19405024/Land-of-Pirates#.U4PwGXJdWSo

Face it, You Can't Handel mi sweg. lulz. I created the idea of the SurvivalCraft Mortar - The ability to launch items at an angle.

Quote    Reply   

KyleVPirate

Survivor
Ancestor

#9 [url]

19 June, 2017 05:16:59

I know this is a really old thread, but is the file still available to download? As it, do yo, hkarta, still have it available for Download? Since the Mega file is deleted :(.
I remember reading and seeing this thread back when it was posted, and just remembered about this.

Worlds:
  • Cerralia Empire
  • Avornian Kingdom
  • Tarzan Jungle Adventure

• + Many more!
  • For more info, @KyleVPirate WordPress

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#10 [url]

19 June, 2017 07:03:02

What a thread resurrection. I don't actually know if you can obtain the file...

Player of the game for four years straight. Somehow an admin.

All of my maps - http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/topic/19407424?page=1#.WPtKc45ePBI

Quote    Reply   

Stanimus

City Founder
Old Timer

#11 [url]

25 June, 2017 00:50:22

The chunks file format was changed when Kaalus switched to 32 bits. This converter wouldn't work, anyway.

————————————————————
"[The future] is a place about 70 miles east of here - where it's lighter." - Laurie Anderson

Stanimus

Quote    Reply   

Awesome Sauce

Survivalist
Fully Fledged

#12 [url]

25 June, 2017 20:50:43

Too bad this doesnt work still :/

I could really use a converter to Survivalcraft after finding a guide on how to import Sketchup models to Minecraft. It would make modelling (especially terraforming with sandbox tools) a lot faster.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help