Worm Food
Greenhorn

#41 [url]

6 January, 2014 16:58:39

Animals

Predators:
Cheetahs,Crocodiles, Gorillas, , Hippos, Komodo dragons, Leopards, and Snakes

Neutral animals:
Elephants, Foxes, Porcupines, Raccoons, and Skunks.

Peaceful animals:
Armadillos, Bats, Goats, Manatees, Monkeys, Octopi, Owls, Penguin and Turtles.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Chuck Nourish

Forager
Old Timer

#42 [url]

7 January, 2014 03:19:05

I was able to take a picture of this snow tiger before it killed me, and Jeremy151's idea of new animals are cool. Most of those animals is the same I wanted to see

Last Edited By: Chuck Nourish 7 January, 2014 03:24:53. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

TravMan

Old Timer

#43 [url]

8 January, 2014 23:34:42

Add edible animals

Land:
Bison / Buffalo
Turkey (good source of feathers, eggs and meat)
Dogs

Aquatic:
Salmon (large)
Swordfish (very large)

Some means of "catching fish" (i.e. fishing pole & line) rather than wading into the water and whacking them.

Quote    Reply   

MrMooshroom

Survivor
Old Timer

#44 [url]

15 January, 2014 04:30:31

I think rabbits would be a nice addition- not only as a renewable food source, but as a little pet. You could, of course farm them (maybe using wild rye?) and have a nice supply of meat. Possibly, other animals such as wolves and coyotes could be found chasing them.

Quote    Reply   

Shairlyn

Worm Food
Greenhorn

#45 [url]

19 January, 2014 02:26:22

Add breeding animals.

I've just started playing and am loving this game!

I would like to see animals that have offspring. That way one could farm them for their meat as well as for other products.

I understand that in creative mode one can throw bird eggs and they hatch, but it would be great if say, an Ostrich laid an egg and it sat on the ground for a certain length of time undisturbed, it would hatch into a new ostrich. Or perhaps the ostrich even sits on the egg?

Also it would be great if cows had baby cows from time to time. That way one really could farm them for meat as well as milk.

Can't wait to see future developments!

Quote    Reply   

Wilo508

Castaway
Old Timer

#46 [url]

26 January, 2014 19:43:19

Dinosour

I know what you may be thinking. A dino fan now wants dinosours added to the SC game. But it can be justified within the SC frame. I crafted this idea with son. The other day I was mining in an sanitized area (an underwater garden I created) where no spawning ever occurs but I was attacked by hyena. I know I had brought and placed some stone blocks from the surface so I assumed that the hyena seed - if you will - came with the blocks I brought in. That got me into thinking, what if blocks containing dinosour fossils somehow became exposed on the surface and gave origin to dino spawning? Some may argue there is no need for adding more dangers to the game but in my game experience, you can survive on SC if you keep your eyes and ears open and and plan your ventures out of your shelter. With the possible addition of new weapons to the game what a better target than a mighty T. rex? The way to get the dinosours out in the game could be by bringing fossils back into the surface from mining or by those same blocks getting exposed by erosion although I know erosion is not yet an element in SC. Perhaps the new prehistoric creatures are only found in an nearby island that our castaway character happened to venture in.

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#47 [url]

26 January, 2014 20:56:22

I like the idea of dinosaurs, but I think they should be in a different game mode (,the island idea is a viable possibility too). This game mode would consist of animals and plants found within the Cretaceous period (dinosaurs, mammals, pterodactyls, and lush ferns) and would include the harsh environment of this time period as well (volcanoes, thick forests, heavy ocean currents, and there could also be some natural disasters that had been suggested previously such as earthquakes and meteor impacts). 

Or we could have it set in the Cenozoic Era with giant mammals such as the Mammoth, Giant Platypus, and we could even throw in the cyrptid Giant Vampire bat.

But I have to agree with Wilo508, this game needs more challenging enemies and some wow factors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As my old professor Carl Sagan said so often, 'when you're in love, you want to tell the world.' And I base my beliefs on the information and the process that we call science. It feels me with joy to make discoveries everyday of things I've never seen before. It feels me with joy to know that we can pursue these answers. It is an astonishing thing that we are --- you and I are one of the ways the universe knows itself."--- Bill Nye 'The Science Guy'

Quote    Reply   

thel

Founder
Ancestor

#48 [url]

26 January, 2014 22:45:38

Yes more dangerous factors with the timelines, but you should be able to change the time in any game mode(first has to exit) for people who don't want to start from scratch.

'What's better than killing all bass in SurvivalCraft'

Join Survival Community in the community  builds section!

Quote    Reply   

ChrissX

Castaway
Old Timer

#49 [url]

28 January, 2014 11:51:05

Wildlife Expansion

First thing first, hello to everyone. I'm new to this comunity and i hope i'll be an active part of it :).
Let me just say that i love SurvivalCraft and i think that it's the King of block games (even better than MC, but that's just my oppinion).

So, to get to the point, just like everyone around here, i myself have a bunch of ideas that i think would improve SC. As the title says, one of them would be expanding the wildlife. I'm not talking about a specific animal but a whole bunch of them. And now to expand:

1. Small mammals (like rats, mice, rabbits);

2. More birds (like parrots, eagles, humming birds, sparrows, and most important: chickens, that don't fly too high and could be tamed with seeds. And all these birds would act just like the birds already in the game, droping meat and feathers when killed);

3. Reptiles like crocodiles, aligators, constricting & poisonous snakes (predators) and sea & land turtles (harmless creatures);

4. More felines (like jaguars, mountain lions, cheetahs);

5. Insects like bees, flyes, mosquitos, dragon flyes, etc;

6. And others like elefants, apes;

And that's not all,
- i think all animals should drop meat when killed 'cuz it's lot of useless killing in the game atm (although the percentage should quite low so you don't hunt for a day and have enough meat for a month);
- also i would like to see all predators (not just bears) dropping aditional items when killed like fur, or skin (again, with a low percentage);
- there should be another option to cooking eggs: omlette (which don't require any other items than coal to make);
- the four inventory slots on the Body panel should be for armors/clothes than could be made out of: diamonds, iron, fur, leather, turtle shell (durable, but medium protection) or reptile skin (each material provides diferent protection percentages and the recipe could be the same as in Mc).

And that's about all i can think off right now. If you read this, please leave a reply with what you think about my idea(s). And i am apologize if:
- i misspelled something or if
- there is something in my post that doesn't belong. If there is, notice me and i'll edit/remove it :)

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#50 [url]

28 January, 2014 20:10:01

ChrissX wrote:
First thing first, hello to everyone. I'm new to this comunity and i hope i'll be an active part of it :).
Let me just say that i love SurvivalCraft and i think that it's the King of block games (even better than MC, but that's just my oppinion).

Even better than Tetris? But on a serious note, welcome to the community. When you say that animals should drop meat at a low percentage are you only referring to the predators that don't drop meat as of now or are you including all animals. I am against adding small insects like flies, termites, and gnats, but I am okay with fireflies, dragonflies, and mosquitoes if they are only there for a decorative effect (mosquitoes won't harm you). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but will in fact never see the light of day out number the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?"---Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite of Wonder

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ChrissX

Castaway
Old Timer

#51 [url]

28 January, 2014 22:54:40

s man wrote:
ChrissX wrote:

Even better than Tetris? But on a serious note, welcome to the community. When you say that animals should drop meat at a low percentage are you only referring to the predators that don't drop meat as of now or are you including all animals. I am against adding small insects like flies, termites, and gnats, but I am okay with fireflies, dragonflies, and mosquitoes if they are only there for a decorative effect (mosquitoes won't harm you). 

Well to be honest, i really haven't played tetris that much so yeah :)). But to answer you question about meat drops, yes (and no). Yes, predators should drop meat but i am also refering to camels, zebras, horses, donkeys (and any other animal that doesn't already drop something (like meat, fur, a piece of skin, a hoof, anything). The logic behind this idea is that in a real life survival scenario you don't kill a 1 tone (maybe more or less) animal and just leave it there to rott, u take everything you can from it in order to survive, if you understand what i mean. Ofcourse, if every animal would drop meat, then the chances to get meat from a killed animal should be like: 60% - 1 piece of meat, 30% - 3 pieces of meat and 10% - 4 (or 5) pieces of meat. This if for the developers do decide, i'm just one of many sharing my thoughts. About the insects, yeah, they would be more for decorative purposes (and a bit of logic: to keep the insect eating animals that i have suggested alive :d). But overall, what do you think of this idea ? :D

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#52 [url]

28 January, 2014 23:08:32

I like the idea, it makes sense to be able to eat various types of meat such as horse meat, Taco Bell sells it after all. I am for the idea.

"I'm not hijacking this [thread], I'm trying to save it."--Liam Neeson Non-Stop

Quote    Reply   

varnis54

Survivor
Old Timer

#53 [url]

29 January, 2014 01:10:27

ChrissX wrote:

s man wrote:

ChrissX wrote:

Even better than Tetris? But on a serious note, welcome to the community. When you say that animals should drop meat at a low percentage are you only referring to the predators that don't drop meat as of now or are you including all animals. I am against adding small insects like flies, termitesimage, and gnats, but I am okay with fireflies, dragonflies, and mosquitoes if they are only there for a decorative effect (mosquitoes won't harm you). 

Well to be honest, i really haven't played tetris that much so yeah :)). But to answer you question about meat drops, yes (and no). Yes, predators should drop meat but i am also refering to camels, zebras, horses, donkeys (and any other animal that doesn't already drop something (like meat, fur, a piece of skin, a hoof, anything). The logic behind this idea is that in a real life survival scenario you don't kill a 1 tone (maybe more or less) animal and just leave it there to rott, u take everything you can from it in order to survive, if you understand what i mean. Ofcourse, if every animal would drop meat, then the chances to get meat from a killed animal should be like: 60% - 1 piece of meat, 30% - 3 pieces of meat and 10% - 4 (or 5) pieces of meat. This if for the developers do decide, i'm just one of many sharing my thoughts. About the insects, yeah, they would be more for decorative purposes (and a bit of logic: to keep the insect eating animals that i have suggested alive :d). But overall, what do you think of this idea ? :D

I do believe that all animals shoudl drop meat.  I was coming into this thread just to say this.  

I am tired of hunting birds all day, when there are Lions, Bears, Hyenas right outside my main base all the time.  I have to travel a little bit to find birds to kill, but the predatory animals are constantly at my house, and drop nothing when killed?

I've had black bear before, and it is really good.  I believe that all the animals should drop the meat.  I find it pointless to kill them.  If i see one of the animals outside of my base, i usually just run out another exit, and hunt birds, or mine materials. I usually run into a  lion or two, some times bears while on my hunting trips, just wish I could use their meat.

Quote    Reply   

ChrissX

Castaway
Old Timer

#54 [url]

29 January, 2014 14:27:47

Exactly. It would make sense to scavange the meat of a freshly killed animal (just like in real life) be it harmless or a predator. If not meat, than at least fur, skin, fangs, claws, whatever you can. Every time i play, there are constantly at least 2 or 3 packs of wolves around my house (i mostly play on Harmless, 'cuz i'm not much of a hardcore gamer at touch fps, so they aren't much of a threat) but from the fur u could make a neat set of clothes to give you some protection when hunting other animals, fangs could be turned into weapons or use then in making traps, as well as claws. With these things (or arleast a couple of them, SC would realy be more about Survival, as well as Crafting imo.

Quote    Reply   

MyLittleSC

Worm Food
Greenhorn

#55 [url]

7 February, 2014 23:02:36

Animals

I have a lot of ideas for new animals.. So. Let's start :D
-Dinosaurs
  -Who doesn't like Dino's? Different varies, Little Foot, Sarah, Petri, Ducky, Spike.. The basics.
-Sharks
  -I know there are already sharks, but I think there should be larger sharks. Megalodon size.
-Whales
  -Not just orcas, other kinds..
-Bigger birds
  -Lets be honest, ducks and geese aren't cutting it. I am talking eagles, and hawks.. Birds that will attack if you get to close to their eggs.
-Dragons
  -I get this is more fiction, but it would be cool. Like, if you steal and egg, you can hatch it and raise it as your pet.
-Dolphins
  -Because they are adorable.
-Sea Creatures
  -The ocean is so empty.. Let's fill it!
-Dogs
  -Just a basic companion.
-Bats
-

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#56 [url]

8 February, 2014 00:15:24

MyLittleSC wrote:
I have a lot of ideas for new animals.. So. Let's start :D
-Dinosaurs
  -Who doesn't like Dino's? Different varies, Little Foot, Sarah, Petri, Ducky, Spike.. The basics.

:D Land Before Time I remember that show. So many feels...

But I definitely agree that the ocean could use more life. Maybe we could even give it some coral reefs, plant-life, and caves instead of just animals. However, even if Kaalus did add more stuff to the ocean, it would not have much of an impact since we aren't really capable of exploring the ocean floor. That's also why I think the scuba tank idea should be added.

nor us tied lost pruzah nuz lovas vust kos volzah 

"As my old professor Carl Sagan said so often, 'when you're in love, you want to tell the world.' And I base my beliefs on the information and the process that we call science. It feels me with joy to make discoveries everyday of things I've never seen before. It feels me with joy to know that we can pursue these answers. It is an astonishing thing that we are --- you and I are one of the ways the universe knows itself."--- Bill Nye 'The Science Guy'

Quote    Reply   

zman

Worm Food
Greenhorn

#57 [url]

8 February, 2014 01:31:37

animals

I think they should make a dog that helps protect you from wolves and coyotes

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#60 [url]

11 February, 2014 03:34:46

modzxd wrote:
Am I getting good at finding rare animals or what?

It looks like you just made a creative map, made the world flat, and set it to a climate that spawns those. From there you easily flew across the map until you found two tigers. I've never tried this so it may be harder than I'm actually giving it credit for.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help