Remove this ad

Boomtnt

Castaway
Full Fledged

#21 [url]

11 December, 2013 05:26:04

Animals

Add bees and bee near that if you attack bees attack you and you can collect honey but bears also attack nests and steal honey

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcgrathr15

Worm
Full Fledged

#22 [url]

14 December, 2013 10:57:25

Venomous Animals

Venomous animals such as scorpions, snakes, and jellyfish would  be a great addition to the survival aspect of survivalcraft. 
The venom could affect you in ways such as how fast you run, swim, mine, or build could be slower,or the amount of time you can stay awake before you have to sleep could be shortened as could the amount of time between each meal.

There could be ways to either cure yourself of the poison, or suppress it for a length of time.

The way to cure yourself would be to craft an anti-venom, antidote, by using the venom, that can be found from the corisponding animal, bucket of water, a flower or ore, or a combination of flowers and ores. Ex: red, blue; coal, sulfur; red, sulfur; etc.

To suppress the poison temporarly, if you don't have all the ingredients for the anti-venom, just use the third item to craft the medicine. The medicine would work for lets say a day before you have to make it again.

Quote    Reply   

Brythok

Fire Starter
Full Fledged

#23 [url]

15 December, 2013 15:49:00

I just spent like 20 mins typing stuff about platypi, an then lefora asked me to lo in AFTER I had already logged in and I am not typing it all again. Here's the summary:

Platypi(platypuses) weigh from 0.7-2.4 kg(1.5-5.3 lbs.) and male's length is about 50cm(20in) and female's length is about 43cm(17in). They eat small fish like krill and some plants. Only the MALES have poisonous glands in their ankles and have a claw that the poison comes from when an animal is attacked by a platypus(look up an image). Lastly, they make a low growling noise if they feel they are in danger or when animals or people get too close.

Thank you
    Brythok

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#24 [url]

15 December, 2013 22:12:10

Dangerous Birds

I think we should not only have threats on the ground, but we should also have threats from above. There are a lot of territorial birds and raptors that have attacked humans and pets before, but we should at least have either the Snowy Owl: found in arctic regions, Mute Swans: found near ponds and lakes, Australian Magpies, Golden Eagles and Falcons (that could be trained), or the Northern Goshawk.

I just feel that a greater variety of birds is needed. Plus we could use their feathers with the new arrows that are being added. Maybe by adding a few feathers to an arrow you would increase the distance, damage, or the accuracy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but will in fact never see the light of day out number the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?"---Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite of Wonder

Quote    Reply   

SeLoNe

Old Timer

#25 [url]

15 December, 2013 22:48:31

When I think of a swamp, I have crocodiles in the murky water in mind. Vultures were really a feast for the eyes. Especially in the desert.

Quote    Reply   

Brythok

Fire Starter
Full Fledged

#26 [url]

16 December, 2013 01:11:43

s man wrote:
I think we should not only have threats on the ground, but we should also have threats from above. There are a lot of territorial birds and raptors that have attacked humans and pets before, but we should at least have either the Snowy Owl: found in arctic regions, Mute Swans: found near ponds and lakes, Australian Magpies, Golden Eagles and Falcons (that could be trained), or the Northern Goshawk.

I just feel that a greater variety of birds is needed. Plus we could use their feathers with the new arrows that are being added. Maybe by adding a few feathers to an arrow you would increase the distance, damage, or the accuracy?

If these birds attack unprovoked, SC would become a pretty dangerous game! I think that maybe, if you attack these birds, they will become aggressive except for maybe one bird. Only one bird would actually hunt YOU down unprovoked. Another bird could also be vultures or maybe condors? Condors are VERY big birds.

Thank you
    Brythok

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#27 [url]

16 December, 2013 03:49:00

Brythok wrote:

s man wrote:

If these birds attack unprovoked, SC would become a pretty dangerous game! I think that maybe, if you attack these birds, they will become aggressive except for maybe one bird. Only one bird would actually hunt YOU down unprovoked. Another bird could also be vultures or maybe condors? Condors are VERY big birds.

Thank you
    Brythok

Yeah I thought about Condors too. But the birds would not attacked unprovoked nor would they hunt the player down; they would only attack if the player chased after them or got too close to one of their eggs (not sure how easily this could be coded in). I agree that it could start to get too dangerous but birds still have low health so I don't think it would be overly dangerous, but you still make a valid point. Now that mention it, maybe having one bird hunt the player would be interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but will in fact never see the light of day out number the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?"---Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite of Wonder

Quote    Reply   

pete3000

Castaway
Full Fledged

#28 [url]

17 December, 2013 06:07:07

Bats in the caves. nothing freaks you out more when something moves in a darkened spot. they could be harmless or even vampire bats that attack with little damage.

Quote    Reply   

Joeblow

Survivor
Full Fledged

#29 [url]

18 December, 2013 03:07:22

No mosquitoes. You sir are a sick, sick puppy. Hang your head in shame.

Now for my great ideas :D
Actual whales. Humpbacks, grays, Sperm. And somebody else mentioned dolphins, Heck yeah baby. I love it.
Now for why. Whales would be worth Food, and also randomly drop things like blubber for oil, or maybe bones to make BIGGER BOATS!!!!!!! Just going to leave that one there for ya. Leave it right over there, by the donuts, and pie and punch. And cookies. You know you like the cookies. yeah. :)

You have heard about dogs for a while, so lets repeat. Dogs. Why? Because cats are evil and they want to steal your soul. Dogs eat cats. They save your soul. Save our souls. Save them.

Different sharks. Bigger sharks, smaller sharks, fatter sharks, skinnier sharks, sharks to do my taxes. Sharks to sue the sharks that did my taxes and missed some deductions or caused me to be audited.
Oh, and sharks need to drop food again. Im sorry, but that was just plain mean to take away their food drops dude. I spent many hours making a shark and orca trap in order to ensure I have food on my island, now I can only hunt orcas. :'(

Meese. You know, plural of moose. Or is it mooses. Maybe Mooz. Any canadians around to help with this problem. They can randomly drop things like Fur or leather, horns, and meat.

Oh, hey, how about this? We have werewolves, they randomly drop diamonds. What about mermaids? We can have them also drop diamonds. Or maybe pearls.

Ok, Im thinking for now thats about it. yeah. Thats good right there. I like turtles.

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#30 [url]

18 December, 2013 04:12:14

Joeblow wrote:
Now for my great ideas :D
Actual whales. Humpbacks, grays, Sperm. And somebody else mentioned dolphins, Heck yeah baby. I love it.
Now for why. Whales would be worth Food, and also randomly drop things like blubber for oil, or maybe bones to make BIGGER BOATS!!!!!!! Just going to leave that one there for ya. Leave it right over there, by the donuts, and pie and punch. And cookies. You know you like the cookies. yeah. :)

Different sharks. Bigger sharks, smaller sharks, fatter sharks, skinnier sharks, sharks to do my taxes. Sharks to sue the sharks that did my taxes and missed some deductions or caused me to be audited.
Oh, and sharks need to drop food again. Im sorry, but that was just plain mean to take away their food drops dude. I spent many hours making a shark and orca trap in order to ensure I have food on my island, now I can only hunt orcas. :'(

Oh, hey, how about this? We have werewolves, they randomly drop diamonds. What about mermaids? We can have them also drop diamonds. Or maybe pearls.

What about Narwhales? I definitely agree with you about the sharks dropping food. Not sure if I agree with adding mermaids, at least not until an option to select between fictional mobs and real mobs is added.
I like where you are going with thinking of new items each animal could add/ drop. Oil is a great idea, bone is good too but it could end up like leather if we don't have enough uses for it, what about including ivory from whales, warthogs, and elephants (I thought Kaalus said he would add elephants eventually).

"As my old professor Carl Sagan said so often, 'when you're in love, you want to tell the world.' And I base my beliefs on the information and the process that we call science. It feels me with joy to make discoveries everyday of things I've never seen before. It feels me with joy to know that we can pursue these answers. It is an astonishing thing that we are --- you and I are one of the ways the universe knows itself."--- Bill Nye 'The Science Guy'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Joeblow

Survivor
Full Fledged

#31 [url]

18 December, 2013 05:29:58

Yeah, the mermaids were for shits and giggles. I mean we have werewolves.

As for the bone, we do need to have several uses for it. Either as stand alone or in more complicated formulas.
I like Narwhales. The thought of getting speared by one is awesome. OOOOOOOHHH!!! you can get a super spear from Narwhales. Their tusk. :D

Quote    Reply   

stamps

Old Timer

#32 [url]

18 December, 2013 13:21:17

Creepy Crawleys: Some small critter that avoids light. Spawns in dark and runs away from light. Could be a spider / scorpion / mutant roach?

Danger from air: I like the idea that birds that can be a threat. They could be territorial and attack you when you are in their area. Maybe not very practical.... Bats in caves: Yes!

Crocs / gators: Found near inland water. Fast in water, slow on land. Hard to spot while under water.

Poisonous animals: I like this idea. It can possibly give a new dimension to health. Effects on health: Need lots more sleep / black-outs / health steadily draining until poison is worked out. This will mean that you need to eat more to keep from dieing. One can also add medicinal plants into the mix.

Quote    Reply   

Ayeaye

Survivor
Old Timer

#33 [url]

18 December, 2013 22:31:21

Sky Predators

Request for eagles in survivalcraft

Eagles

Drops 2 feathers .

Flies away in 2 stone machete hits but dies in 3.

Glides and flaps wings at times or flaps rapidly when provoked.

Attacks the player at night or when provoked.

The Eagle should be large enough to to look like it can swoop a freshwater bass from the water.

Quote    Reply   

randomness27

Old Timer

#34 [url]

21 December, 2013 14:58:37

awesome ideas 4 animals in survivalcraft

Elephants different birds whales dolphins mermaids dogs pandas pigs that dont attack and drop food bats vampires vampire bats ghosts other people mythical creatures like griffins and dragons that can lay eggs and u cant eat them but u can hatch them and have a baby dragon that grows and is attached to u and will help u fight the dragons are not rare but the eggs are

Let it be known that these are REALLY good ideas an u should definitely consider them :-) 

Quote    Reply   

dsjandry

Fire Starter
Old Timer

#35 [url]

31 December, 2013 03:28:44

elephant

I think that their should be elephants that you can tame and stack with and also to destroy blocks. They are very hard to kill but if you manage to kill one it will give you 5-10 bacon they live in groups from 2-5 and are aggressive such as rinos.

Quote    Reply   

dsjandry

Fire Starter
Old Timer

#36 [url]

31 December, 2013 03:36:47

eagles

I believe that their should be eagles that you can tame and use to catch small game I also think that their should be rabbits to catch with the eagles

Quote    Reply   

Tiabnogard

Castaway
Full Fledged

#37 [url]

31 December, 2013 08:54:18

Animal drops

I don't have any new animal ideas, but I think most animals should drop something when killed. Maybe base it on percentages, but make it so you get something. For instance leather should come from more than just bears.

Quote    Reply   

GGMYT

Worm Food
Greenhorn

#38 [url]

31 December, 2013 13:15:25

More Variety

I think we should have more variety of birds by adding vultures that sweep down and attack you and steal your food. There should also be claws dropped from killing them. UN the upcoming swamp biome, there should be crocs that drop leather and attack your fish.

Quote    Reply   

7th Star

Castaway
Old Timer

#39 [url]

1 January, 2014 04:45:48

Add Swamps and more animals

Should add swamps with these animals in or near them:
Hippos
Crocodiles
Elephants
Cape Buffalos

And add some desert animals like:
Snakes (Sidewinder, Rattlesnakes)
Cheetahs
Tortoises
Dingos

And Forest animals like;
Moose
Bison
Beavors (For leather)
Panda

These would all be awesome animals to add image

Quote    Reply   

luiggy

Castaway
Greenhorn

#40 [url]

5 January, 2014 14:31:26

More Animals

I thing you shoud add more exotic tanimals like alligartors l,aquatic and terrestrial turtles,monkeys in the trees, that would, elephants,more birds,snakes and also add some tips of insects that cloud harm us as spiders, bees with comeias in trees.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help