voidghoul

Administrator
Founder
Ancestor

Lead

23 November, 2013 01:07:17

Tags : : , , , , , ,

Hi everyone,

when it comes to survival you will almost always see animals involved with it, thus an Official Discussion Topic thread has been made for it and its topic contributors. Here you can deposit your well-bodied animal ideas, which might even be added to the game! Some notes: 

-STOP AND READ!

-When demonstrating an idea, please refer to The Guidelines so that Kaalus can browse through your idea(s) with ease (which will also benefit you). 

-Refrain from using small words, like "cool" or "I like the idea."

Without further intervention (for now), feel free to start posting an idea or 2 - -d.

- -V

Administrator of Survivalcraft Forums, vanquisher of werewolves, eater of cows.

-Feel free to message me if you need assistance.

Last Edited By: voidghoul 24 November, 2013 17:39:31. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

voidghoul

Administrator
Founder
Ancestor

#1 [url]

24 November, 2013 16:54:20

Hmm,

how about raccoons that steal food from you? They aim for your crops specifically at night, trying to eat them the same way piranhas eat meat when thrown to them. It adds more realism to farming by making player protect their crops. They can be easily kept out using simple fortifications like fences, although they could climb on wood blocks.

Any thoughts?

- -V

Quote    Reply   

rioxas

Farmer
Ancestor

#2 [url]

24 November, 2013 18:11:08

That sounds rather good. We would then have to add extra fortifications. However, animals still can spawn in your farm (happens a lot!) and often jump over your fences (which doesn't make sense because the point of fences is to NOT let them jump over it, but they still can. So adding raccoons that steal your food is unnecessary as our crops are already easily destroyed.

I was thinking of more types of birds. An eagle or other bird of prey would be nice. Of course, they wouldn't be able to carry you off or anything, but they would certainly add a bit of variety...

Erm, shaymin shay shay! No, I can't talk. Stop being weird.

Quote    Reply   

dogofwar

Fire Starter
Ancestor

#3 [url]

24 November, 2013 20:23:54

Dogs!. Yes I know dogs have been suggested for a long time by people and I also think they would be a great addition to the game. I believe we should be able to train them to be a pet as this would also add some comfort knowing we are not totally alone in the wilderness. They could act as guard dogs, help u when out hunting if u get attacked and even go fetch small game u kill from a distance. As the saying goes "Mans Beat Friend". As a new addition to the Dog idea I think we should be able to train more than one dog and even make a sled and train them to be attached to it and pull us along the landscape. That would be Amazing and once settled in our world would give some sence that we are truly taking controll of the world around us.

Last Edited By: dogofwar 24 November, 2013 20:28:41. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

dogofwar

Fire Starter
Ancestor

#4 [url]

24 November, 2013 20:35:52

Dolphins. I would like to see this addition so that we could have groups of them swimming around in the ocean, regularly jumping in and out of the surface. I would mostly like to see this so that the ocean dosnt look so static from the surface and actually looks like life exists underneath. Also good food souce if u can bring yourself to kill one hehe.

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#5 [url]

24 November, 2013 22:09:54

Sharks need to be WAY bigger than they already are, i mean look at them they look like tiny little fishys

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#6 [url]

24 November, 2013 22:12:07

I like the idea about racoons but we also need the two basic animals every building game should have....sheep-for string to make a bow and pigs for meat, but come on there's lions, rhinos and ostrichs on this island but not PIGS! come on!

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#7 [url]

24 November, 2013 22:15:45

We also need wait for it....wait for it......ok that's enough waiting.....Jaguars(not the car) but the animal. We can domesticate them with fish and they will turn into mans second best friend...cats! Thell basically act the same as dogs except they wont get meat, they will catch fish and bring it back to you.

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#8 [url]

24 November, 2013 22:16:54

We also need other birds, like eagles and vultures. They can steal food when you kill and animal from long range

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#9 [url]

24 November, 2013 22:20:03

And what about termites, they will not attack you but wooden planks and building at night. So you could wake up and see a few bit of your wooden house missing...i think it would be cool and add a bit more challenge into the game. You could have a whole separate biome with termite mounds everywhere, so don't building anything wooden on that! To get rid of termites you have to destroy their mound and then only will they attack, the best way to do it should be with a bow or spear

Quote    Reply   

voidghoul

Administrator
Founder
Ancestor

#10 [url]

8 December, 2013 16:46:47

hyperstorm wrote:
And what about termites, they will not attack you but wooden planks and building at night. So you could wake up and see a few bit of your wooden house missing...i think it would be cool and add a bit more challenge into the game. You could have a whole separate biome with termite mounds everywhere, so don't building anything wooden on that! To get rid of termites you have to destroy their mound and then only will they attack, the best way to do it should be with a bow or spear

@Hyperstorm

I think that's a little intense, having your structure be destroyed by a swarm of termites - -. Any other opinions over this?

- -V

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

shafiu

Old Timer

#11 [url]

8 December, 2013 17:55:57

hyperstorm wrote:

This idea seems good to me, but u can always use some kind a spray to kill the termites

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#12 [url]

8 December, 2013 19:41:50

voidghoul wrote:

hyperstorm wrote:

@Hyperstorm

I think that's a little intense, having your structure be destroyed by a swarm of termites - -. Any other opinions over this?

- -V

I have to agree that this is a bit much. 

Quote    Reply   

Brythok

Fire Starter
Full Fledged

#13 [url]

9 December, 2013 00:56:43

Boars are pigs with tusks... And we don't need sheep for wool and string. S Man thought of a way cooler idea! Farming cotton! More farming + new material = S Man is a genius

Brythok

Quote    Reply   

Brythok

Fire Starter
Full Fledged

#14 [url]

9 December, 2013 01:19:59

Swamp Creatures (to go with the swamp biome SC should have)

Ok, so yeah, swamp creatures should be added. Here they are!

--Platypus--
Let me first say, this is my favorite animal and this is always the first animal I think of when I think of swamps.

Pros:
Poison glands in ankles-Can be used to poison arrows or other weapons
They're VERY exotic-one of the most unknown animals ever
attack if first provoked
They od lay eggs, so you can have a platypi(plural of platypus) farm
Edible eggs
Make cool PETS(not REAL pets though of course, like, not tamable(that wouldn't make sense(kinda)))

Cons:
Sharp claws-High Damage
medium speed on land = Fast in water

Drops:
Eggs at random
Poison Glands when killed

Facts:
Have poison glands located on ankles
They lay eggs
Live in burrows near water
Lay eggs in their burrows to keep them safe(they do watch after their eggs unlike some animals(turtles))
Diet is of fish(should go after fish when fish is thrown)
I love Platypi...a lot

--Mosquitos--

Pros:
Nothing, they're a pain in the butt to the player...
(player can escape them by running, but that's not really a pro)

Cons:
Carry malaria(disease known to kill people)
Follow the player if player moves near them

Drops:
Nothing
Only way to kill is with repellent(possibly crafted with sulfur considering sulfur smells very bad)

Facts:
Carries malaria
Fly around in groups(they are only seen as maybe a group of 10 pixels buzzing around, there is no actual model. Having a model for something so small would just add lag when it looks just as fine done in pixels)

Well that's all I got for now folks! GOOD NIGHT!!!

Brythok

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#15 [url]

9 December, 2013 01:30:07

Brythok wrote:
Boars are pigs with tusks... And we don't need sheep for wool and string. S Man thought of a way cooler idea! Farming cotton! More farming + new material = S Man is a genius

Brythok

Thanks! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not hijacking this [thread], I'm trying to save it."--Liam Neeson Non-Stop

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#16 [url]

9 December, 2013 01:54:01

The addition of platypi/ platypuses is a fantastic idea! I am not so sure if I feel the same way about mosquitoes carrying malaria though. That seems too OP imo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not hijacking this [thread], I'm trying to save it."--Liam Neeson Non-Stop

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#17 [url]

9 December, 2013 19:05:16

s man wrote:
The addition of platypi/ platypuses is a fantastic idea! I am not so sure if I feel the same way about mosquitoes carrying malaria though. That seems too OP imo.

i also like the platupuses (dont know how to spell) but why would mosquitoes be intense, you keep saying they are intense but you haven't backed up your argument, everybody is saying we need the game to be harder, and disease is happening all over the world so it is realistic, i just had and idea, since the platipuses are living i swamps maybe they could carry the disease with them and you have to gather a certain mixture of flowers to make a cure, you wont die from the disease but will react slower, and mine slower and other stuff like in brythoks resistance topic. its just a thought. also so you could get 3 other differnt diseases which are caught from bulls/cows, wolves/werewolves/cyotes and raw food, for each disease you have to gather a different mixture of flowers and leaves....i kinda like it 

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#18 [url]

9 December, 2013 21:17:56

hyperstorm wrote:

s man wrote:

i also like the platupuses (dont know how to spell) but why would mosquitoes be intense, you keep saying they are intense but you haven't backed up your argument, everybody is saying we need the game to be harder, and disease is happening all over the world so it is realistic, i just had and idea, since the platipuses are living i swamps maybe they could carry the disease with them and you have to gather a certain mixture of flowers to make a cure, you wont die from the disease but will react slower, and mine slower and other stuff like in brythoks resistance topic. its just a thought. also so you could get 3 other differnt diseases which are caught from bulls/cows, wolves/werewolves/cyotes and raw food, for each disease you have to gather a different mixture of flowers and leaves....i kinda like it 

I feel that having mosquitoes carry malaria is too OP because of how severe malaria is and how hard it is to avoid a mosquito bite. To avoid a mosquito bite, there really is not a whole lot you would be able to do in SC, especially when spending the time to chop down a tree. You might say that you can run away but with mosquitoes being as small and as fast as they are it is nearly impossible to know when you are safe enough to spend the time to chop down a tree, to build, to mine etc.. Since they also possess a deadly parasite one bite is all it takes and it is only a matter of time until you are dead. I am not sure how you want me to back up my argument other than expressing how unbalanced this is. I guess I could try to make an analogy to help, but I feel that it would be similar to having Medusa Heads in Castlevania be a one-hit kill. Try to imagine playing through any FPS campaign with fast insects flying after you that cause one-hit kills.

Now the idea you just gave of having animals carry a disease that will not kill you is an excellent idea (especially if it is similar to how Skyrim did it)! But to have a fast, tiny insect carry malaria is just too much and you might argue that the flowers could be used as a cure for malaria but that is a stupid idea imho. Your idea to use flowers to heal made up diseases from animals is an excellent idea, but to use it to heal malaria is not a good idea.

Quote    Reply   

s man

Administrator
Farmer
Ancestor

#20 [url]

9 December, 2013 21:29:21

hyperstorm wrote:
Yeah i guess your right, i kinda lost hope in it anyway about 2 posts ago to be honest...:-)

Yeah the mosquitoes with malaria is just way too much imo, but your idea of giving animals made-up diseases is a great idea!

"As my old professor Carl Sagan said so often, 'when you're in love, you want to tell the world.' And I base my beliefs on the information and the process that we call science. It feels me with joy to make discoveries everyday of things I've never seen before. It feels me with joy to know that we can pursue these answers. It is an astonishing thing that we are --- you and I are one of the ways the universe knows itself."--- Bill Nye 'The Science Guy'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help