Remove this ad

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#82 [url]

26 November, 2013 00:10:20

testing textures

I just tried about 20 textures. fanver is really cool but too modern. Medieval Creative Original rocks for Calumn41's castle! But loses the fun factor. In the end, my fav is Soldier Trees. Which is the default (strikes best balance of fun,modern,medieval) but with soldiers.

@Calumn41's awesome CASTLE, in Soldier Trees texture:

and with Medieval Creative Original

Even tho I like the Soldier trees, I think I will shoot Calumn41's castle with this texture pack. It is just too rich looking not to!

BTW @Colin your vid is in post production... :)

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#83 [url]

26 November, 2013 11:03:06

Hurray Aesop! And yeah, record the castle in that texture pack. It will be cool in the future episodes if you hand pick a texture pack for each build, make each video unique and memorable;)

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#85 [url]

26 November, 2013 15:57:12

@hexr thanks good ideas! The video is done will be uploaded in a couple hours was up late, on a train now...

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#86 [url]

26 November, 2013 16:02:40

@loko970 you bet, welcome! It's not checked out right now so go for it. Please see page 1 about the theme of the world, and how to check in & out, and have fun. Latest link is rivertown 6 I believe.

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#87 [url]

26 November, 2013 16:10:41

@Calumn your castle looks fantastic! Not entering til I do the video, probably this weekend. Nice job!

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#89 [url]

27 November, 2013 03:07:56

@aesop
I posted a few tips (commented on your video) but I might as well type here too LOL. You cannot place ladders on wicker lamps and cannot skip up a ladder. Also, you broke a sign about the 'pokemon cards' XD

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#90 [url]

27 November, 2013 08:55:45

Thanks Colin yep I found that out ;). Yah sorry the sign got hacked for the video, I like to keep stuff "rated G" since we have a lot of kids here. I suppose I oughtta add a rule about it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#91 [url]

27 November, 2013 11:25:12

Can I buikd a second building like an actual house? Side note, will you be playing adventure maps and what not on your channel like a mini Daverave40?

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#92 [url]

27 November, 2013 12:45:33

Okay no one checked out so I will add a proper homestead near my lair as a holiday home of a sort-parkouring is tiresome ;) Check out!

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#94 [url]

27 November, 2013 19:12:46

@Hexr holy cow you are on fire! Can't wait to check it out.

Hey I hope you dodn't mind at the end of the video I showed your circuit for the nonstop stakes. That was nice little piece of electronics, I had to share it. What if they didn't activate until you get close - maybe use the new motion detector  - that noise would freak people out!

Adventure Maps - thanks for the suggestion! Yes I've been thinking a lot about it as you'll see below. Rivertown could get old, and why force people to build all their stuff there? But we don't need a pale imitation of DaveRave40.

So let's see... DaveRave40's series is following him working on his own place in Adventure or Challenge mode. He is a calm, focused builder in control of his environment. Me, Aesop Redux, am more like an ADD uncle Si playing tour guide checking out everyone else's work. I "own" Rivertown and yet I take no control of the environment. Making videos this way is a BLAST! This is why I make everyone wait for feedback :( to keep it all a surprise for the videos. I hope they've been fun to watch. The video pages on this forum are so silent it's hard to tell. Honest feedback is REALLY APPRECIATED. But whatever, 30% of people you meet in life will like you, 30% will hate you, and 30% won't care either way. So I will give it a shot because it's fun to do :)

One technical thing - would it help to see the pointer on screen? I've heard it can be distracting so I hid it.

Last Edited By: Aesop Redux 27 November, 2013 19:19:58. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#95 [url]

28 November, 2013 02:07:16

I have boxed the circuits so be in Creative. You should see the bulges in the tower by standing outside. And the house was rather small, just a nice place to settle in when not doing evil stuff :)

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#96 [url]

28 November, 2013 04:13:41

One more IMPORTANT note. Break only the sides, not the back, front or bottom. Electrics are attached to these. And a side noteI have ideas to decorate the builder's hall. I need to ask you for the go=ahead first.

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#97 [url]

28 November, 2013 11:57:33

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/h3ay2pl6lre5xru/Rivertown%207.scworld?dl=1
I went ahead anyways. After Calums Castle episode, you could check the electrics, my small house (and try to find the secret near it), the edited builder's hall (very small editions, you can delete the extra stuff if you don't like it) and an easily missed area on the peak of the lair which I have made more obvious. Have fun Aesop

Quote    Reply   

Colin Hexr

Administrator
Racial God
Old Timer

#99 [url]

3 December, 2013 05:43:59

POST NUMBER 100!
And I saw the question above about the pointer which I overlooked. Yes keep it hidden. A re you on mobile or desktop?

Quote    Reply   

Aesop Redux

Administrator
Country President
Ancestor

#100 [url]

3 December, 2013 06:31:42

Woohoo!!! Yah no pointer. I'm on a Kindle 1st gen, tried SC on BlueStacks but PC freezes :(. What are you on?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help