Remove this ad

Lead

24 July, 2013 05:38:31

Tags : :

For an easier storyline I think kaalus should create books or paper that we can edit and either put on walls or in chests. This would really help big adventure map makers because URLs take quite a whole to sort out and work but also signs are good enough for marking things but not for stories.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

24 July, 2013 05:51:31

So if paper or books were made then hopefully they wouldn't lag. Also there could be a tool that scrapes bark off trees that makes the paper. Actually you know the new part of the crafting table? The one that gives you the 'waste product' back. When you create wooden planks you could get the bark back.

Quote    Reply   

thel

Founder
Old Timer

#3 [url]

24 July, 2013 05:55:53

One bad thig I the tool you mentioned: There Is no such thing in real life that can make paper with only one tool!!! It used to take a whole day! The Chinese made paper and printing. They made a lot of things.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

24 July, 2013 05:58:12

I know but the tool would strip the bark and then you could craft it with a crafting table into paper
I have to say that personally I prefer my other crafting idea

Quote    Reply   

juladresse

Tool Crafter
Full Fledged

#7 [url]

8 August, 2013 15:21:26

Yea i whant it to
Maps book and scrold
And i woud like to be able to put it in a bookshelf .it must worck like a chest but only for book and items (no construction bloc

Quote    Reply   

shawlin

Survivalist
Old Timer

#8 [url]

8 August, 2013 15:29:29

Maps and books, yes.

Scrolls I doubt, unless  used as a replacement for books to differentiate from MC.  There appears to be very little possibility for magic in any form being implemented in SC.

Carpe DM - Seize the Dungeon Master! --- Interocitor repair. Call for rates.

Quote    Reply   

chimerakid

Survivalist
Old Timer

#10 [url]

6 November, 2013 07:20:43

Books will be very very handy for adventure map makers,instead of signs,use books.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ike123

Country President
Ancestor

#11 [url]

6 November, 2013 20:54:53

As author and co builder of the 4* map ninja story, I say that this would have helped a great deal allowing for better storylines.

Quote    Reply   

ike123

Country President
Ancestor

#12 [url]

6 November, 2013 20:57:49

Katie guitar this is an awesome idea. I saw this on a thread long ago before I made ninja story and I liked it too

Quote    Reply   

hyperstorm

Survivalist
Old Timer

#14 [url]

10 November, 2013 21:04:22

great idea

Totally worth putting into sc, im tired of switching lines and it takes so long, plus an effort reading the lm in low light, books could solve all that

Quote    Reply   

Brythok

Fire Starter
Full Fledged

#15 [url]

11 November, 2013 22:10:32

I like, no sorry, l LOVE the idea of books and bookshelves. It would make houses look more like houses and I would like to right a few books from skyrim in them, lol I love skyrim so much. Anyway, I finally figured out how the bookshelf works, how you see the book on the shelf, lol. So heres how it should work.

1: Craft bookshelf like this

B = block
H = Half Block

B B B         B B B
H H H   or  B H B
B B B         B B B

Half blocks would make the shelf for the top while also finishing the top of the bottom shelf.

2.Know tap the shelf.
Opens up like a chest, but as you said, is only for books. So there are 16 spaces. Set a variable called bookcount. Every time a book is added to the bookshelf, it adds 1 to bookshelf. If one is taken, it will subtract 1. So bookcount can only range from 0-16. Depending on its number depends on how many book models are displayed on the shelf. So ( this probably is off by a lot but heres how I would do it:

if bookcount = Xamount_of_books {
drawModel(x, y, z, book1);  <--(idk how this part works because I haven't drawn things in 3d yet, barley I 2d)
}

Or have it check each position for a positive or negative space. Positive being full, and negative being empty. Which would determine how many books are drawn on the bookshelf.

So really it seems kinda simple. What I find difficult is the whole drag and drop thing. Kaalus must be some kinda genius to be able to do this.

So anyway thx for my time!

Brythok

Also if anyone knows, is it render instead of draw where I kept typing draw, or does draw work too? I don't want to sound stupid when im explaining things to people that also use java.

Quote    Reply   

Mulac

Cave Dweller
Old Timer

#18 [url]

13 January, 2014 16:51:03

This is a good idea. I think a block with a text file would work using a lot of stuff carried over from the memory block. I mean we can enter as a string to fill memory locations. So why not just let us use that but display the actual entered string. Same as a sign but with a much longer sentence or short paragraph of text.

That way we get one block that can be looked at. The sneak will change to edit button and by pressing it we see the last entered string of characters. 

There can be limit to the length of the string to make it work on slower devices. A wall covered in these would be a lot easier to follow if there is a big story. Kind of like reading short twitter posts spread across different blocks.

Last Edited By: Mulac 13 January, 2014 17:38:14. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

survivaldude

Survivalist
Old Timer

#19 [url]

7 April, 2014 13:37:43

As it happens, I was actually thinking about this today, but my idea was to allow signs to keep their text when broken so that you could put the sign in a chest on a community build as a mail box system or just for adventure maps in general. when you hold the sign in your hand the sneak button turns into an edit button just like the M-Bank so you can read and edit the sign but obviously not when the sign is placed because you can just edit it by clicking on it that way as normal

Last Edited By: survivaldude 7 April, 2014 13:43:00. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

88Shredder88

Survivalist
Old Timer

#20 [url]

8 April, 2014 00:42:58

I have thought a few times it would be nice if signs kept their writing when broken.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help